time to mod!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on time to mod!!!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone!! I just bought my dream car 2013 wrx and i couldnt be more proud!! Ive had a few ...

time to mod!!!!!!

Hello everyone!! I just bought my dream car 2013 wrx and i couldnt be more proud!! Ive had a few things done-window tint,new badges,stereo,weather tec floor liners,cobb shift kit...im thinking of lowering it now and putting in strut bars?...any recomandations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Skip on the strut bars, and do front and rear sway bars with upgraded endlinks. That will drastically improve the handeling of your car. Whiteline or perrin sway bars, and kartboy endlinks would be my recommendations. If you want to lower it always, looks around some of the build threads for a nice spring and strut kit that has the amount of lowering you are looking for. Or you could get a nice set of coilovers.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Skip the strut bars

Next step would be sway bars. The kit already mentioned is pretty much the best option out there.

If you want to lower just for looks, some lowering springs designed to work with stock struts will be fine. If going for some extra performance, look into spring/strut combo. If you're really into racing and need the adjustibility of coilovers then you can get those.

Don't forget tires make just about the biggest difference in handling and stopping performance.

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking of coil overs since they are adjustable....my problem is the last car i build was a 1990 integra...it was very nice but that was many years ago..lol....so much has changed im out of the loop now

I, myself, have always been a fan of coilovers too. Im doing sway bars, endlinks, wheels+tires, and coilovers next spring. Think im going with the BC RAM coilovers.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Congrats on the car and welcome.

I did the SPT front strut tower brace and Perrin Pitch stop mount. I noticed a difference with both of those.

For lowering, I went with K Sport Control adjustable coilovers set 1.5" lower than stock.

Originally I wanted a rear strut tower brace, but it seems you either need to trim the carpet, or take it out to mount one up.

Cusco makes some nice under body braces to tie the subframe together. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrxdsft.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	150801

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrxside.jpg 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	150809

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrxps.jpg 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	150817
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

^^^ Wow man. Looks really clean with that drop. I had the Ksport Kontrol pro's on my 08 and my 06 wrx's. For coilovers on the cheaper side of the market I really liked them. Never had a single issue with them. I was actually going to go with those before I found the BC RAM coilovers for only a few hundred more. All of the reviews I read on the RAM style coilover from BC have been really good. So I guess we will see!
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Thanks WM. Handles great.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brooksnmarks View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I was thinking of coil overs since they are adjustable....my problem is the last car i build was a 1990 integra...it was very nice but that was many years ago..lol....so much has changed im out of the loop now
    If you care about handling, then the cheapest coilovers I would recommend are the RCE Tarmac 2s. Just about anything you'll find under $1500 will not perform as well as a good set of springs and struts. But if you don't mind spending $2500 on coilovers, then the Tarmac 2s are great.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.