Differences in shifting between the 2014 and 2015 WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Differences in shifting between the 2014 and 2015 WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ordered my 2015 WRX Limited in Lightning Red with HK/Nav/keyless entry and the STS. Car is scheduled for delivery ...

Differences in shifting between the 2014 and 2015 WRX?

I ordered my 2015 WRX Limited in Lightning Red with HK/Nav/keyless entry and the STS. Car is scheduled for delivery at the end of May. I drove a standard for 5 years about 20 years ago. I have really missed driving a standard and I am excited to be getting one again. The dealers in my area were not allowing test drives on the 2015s because all anyone had was the launch STI and they didn't want to rack up miles on those. So I had to test drive the 2014. I was very nervous at first because I really did not want to stall the thing and embarrass myself but driving the 2014 was like riding a bike, it all came back. I was a little slow getting into first but didn't stall out at all, the rest of the gears were a breeze (not as smooth as I use to be but that will come back with practice). I noticed that someone commented on another thread that with the STS the gears were difficult to engage on the 2015. That did not make much sense to me as I did not think the STS affected where the clutch engages but it make me a little nervous none the less. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on differences in driving the 2014 vs the 2015 standard (other than the 6th gear) - am I likely to find that the 2015 is harder to drive than the 2014 that I test drove. Does the STS make it more difficult to shift? particularly reverse or into first?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you will be pleased on the 2015....I think first and second might feel a bit shorter, but you will def be pleased....I was shocked how peppy that car is compared to my turbo optima....not saying my turbo optima is fast lol

Biggest difference.... i dont have a clutch .

Makes for a great family car though . My wife loves it so hopefully she will take it and let me have an STi when they update the engine (till happen in the next year or so I'm sure). I really wish they still had a hatch though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.