OEM STI Short shifter upgrade for 2015 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on OEM STI Short shifter upgrade for 2015 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is the short shifter worth the upgrade for the 2015 wrx? or should i just wait for cobb to come ...

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar

OEM STI Short shifter upgrade for 2015 wrx

Is the short shifter worth the upgrade for the 2015 wrx? or should i just wait for cobb to come out with their adjustable short shifter and bushings?
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I test drove the sti, the shifter is really nice and short, BUT! it was really hard to engage the gears.
    you should test drive one.

i have it on my wrx... it's true .. its a lot harder to engage into gears.

Yes... while your at it get front and rear bushings

is it really that hard to get it into gear? Makes me want to tell my dealer to take that off my order.

There's a big difference with not having the short throw and having the short throw. It's such a different gear box, long movements without the short throw. I have the short throw on mine, I don't think its difficult to get it in gear, its smooth and jumps right into the next gear, I would not have it any other way

I Support ClubWRX
    I would wait to see what the aftermarket has. Also if you plan on getting aftermarket bushings why not install them at the same time.

I have the short throw option on my 12 and compared to someone with a kartboy the throw is deff shorter as well and a shorter height. I have no problem with my shifter though and may switch it out later but not in a big rush.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I keep checking on Cobb's website. I love my Cobb SS for my '07 WRX. Height adjustment FTW!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.