My intro thread
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My intro thread within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How's it going. I use to have an account on here back in the days but the email I had ...

My intro thread

How's it going. I use to have an account on here back in the days but the email I had used got hacked and I no longer have it, so I had to start over. My name's Sam. I'm from NY.

Current DD is an 04 wrx wagon. I've had it for 6 years now and it's getting near 200k miles. The clutch somehow, is the stock clutch. I can only imagine it's got little time left, but we'll see. I do have some stuff to sell since once this cars done, I'm moving on to something newer. The thread will be made soon!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Subaru wallpaper.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	150089

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome back. Nice picture

My intro thread

welcome back is there a 2015 subaru replacement in the works?

Sent from my fridge using Tapatalk
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Definitely should upgrade!

If you don't do anything to beat on the clutch, no reason why it can't last. The Volvo that has the record for highest mileage (2.5 million miles on it or something like that...) still has the original engine, original transmission, and original clutch in it from 1970-something, and it's still kicking today!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Yeah I'm not sure how it's lasted. Bought it with 89k, put a new timing belt in it and sent it to tuning for stage 2...lol. Been trying to race vettes and stangs since. It does burn a little oil now though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome back.

If you are interested in getting your old account back, PM me the details and I'll see if I can help.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by o4wrxwagon View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure how it's lasted. Bought it with 89k, put a new timing belt in it and sent it to tuning for stage 2...lol. Been trying to race vettes and stangs since. It does burn a little oil now though.
    It's pretty normal to burn some oil, especially with turbo cars. I wish I knew exactly what causes it but nothing a catch can shouldn't take care of

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Bout time for a new timing belt. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome back.

If you are interested in getting your old account back, PM me the details and I'll see if I can help.
    No worries. I don't even remember the user name, it's been so long.

And I know, the timing belts almost due again... but I have a hybrid motor I've been build that should be getting a new belt.. That's if I don't sell the motor before then. Moneys been tight so it's either sell it or drag the build out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by o4wrxwagon View Post
    No worries. I don't even remember the user name, it's been so long.

And I know, the timing belts almost due again... but I have a hybrid motor I've been build that should be getting a new belt.. That's if I don't sell the motor before then. Moneys been tight so it's either sell it or drag the build out for a while.
    What kind of hybrid you got going on?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I ended up getting an 06 sti block for a decent price. Put a nitrate/heat treated? crank(oem new), manly drop in pistons, king bearings. I've got a mountain of parts as well for it like a killer B pick up, oil baffle, oem oil pan, a set of wrx heads that just need new valves, extra set of valve covers, and the full gasket kit. I'm honestly trying to just sell it all as a whole at this point. It up on here now for 3k, figured if someones got more time than I do, they can have a hybrid swap done on their car with in 2 weeks with just a grand more of parts and tuning. That's if you don't upgrade the turbo..that's always the expensive part.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.