Engine problems within the first year of owning the car - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Engine problems within the first year of owning the car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by kh202 They gave me a loaner, as long as it gets fixed that's all I care about. ...

Quote Originally Posted by kh202 View Post
    They gave me a loaner, as long as it gets fixed that's all I care about. It's already torn down with the motor out.

I'm on my way up to Pennsylvania right now and won't be back in town til June, so doesn't really matter if they fix it tomorrow lol. Getting married next Sunday.
    Congrats. thats strange cause my dealership hadn't torn into my car yet(but they are as we speak) but it was approved on tuesday and subaru is taking complete fault for it. since you arent in town im sure they are taking they're time with it but i would still raise alittle hell so when you come back you can hop right into your car possibly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like a common problem to me, from all the stories I hear and I just had a friend that blew his motor.
    but at least subaru is fixing it, lucky u are still under warrenty.

i've heard stories like mine where it breaks at 5000 and then i have 2 buddies with a 2011 and a 2012 sti and neither of theirs have busted up yet so i guess it just depends. Im half tempted to just keep it stock and buy an extended warranty instead of buying the mods i was going to.

yah its really too bad that we have to resort to the "draw of the luck" for these cars.
    hopefully subaru is monitioring these fourms and realize their problems and are fixing it. they are really great cars but need better internals like japan has. I hope this will be the last of your problems when they fix it.

You mean "luck of the draw"

Subaru doesn't monitor these forums...and the internals are built in Japan...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

yeah its all jap parts shipped to the US and assembled here. Thats why the front of your vin is J for japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK View Post
    yeah its all jap parts shipped to the US and assembled here. Thats why the front of your vin is J for japan.
    The whole car is built in Japan...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    The whole car is built in Japan...
    Correction.

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Well that is true for now but as of late summer or early fall, no more Japanese built STIs/WRXs. The new plant in Indiana will open with a state of the art assembly line.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

"Currently the Subaru Impreza is built in Gunma, Japan, but Subaru parent Fuji Heavy Industries stated Tuesday that starting in 2016, the Impreza will be built here in the U.S., at the same Indiana plant where the Outback, Legacy, and Tribecas are currently made. (Subaru also builds the Camry at the same plant, for Toyota.)" yeah thats what i was reading i thought it was currently but it hasnt happened yet.

"Currently the Subaru Impreza is built in Gunma, Japan, but Subaru parent Fuji Heavy Industries stated Tuesday that starting in 2016, the Impreza will be built here in the U.S., at the same Indiana plant where the Outback, Legacy, and Tribecas are currently made. (Subaru also builds the Camry at the same plant, for Toyota.)" yeah thats what i was reading i thought it was currently but it hasnt happened yet.
    i hope that means less waiting time for a new wrx/sti
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

you would think so. the Subaru dealership finally got back to me today and said they have no idea what went wrong in my car but they found pieces of the rod bearings in the oil pan, pistons were messed up and a laundry list of stuff none of which they said was my fault. the guy at the dealership was like maybe your oil pump crapped out and messed everything up but I never saw a warning light or anything so I think that's not true plus I drove it a good 35 miles after the knock had started so if it was my engine would have died awhile ago. But basically the guy said they are ordering me a new engine, oil pump, and some other little things. it sounds a lot like they are trying to cover something up though by not telling me exactly what could have gone wrong.

you would think so. the Subaru dealership finally got back to me today and said they have no idea what went wrong in my car but they found pieces of the rod bearings in the oil pan, pistons were messed up and a laundry list of stuff none of which they said was my fault. the guy at the dealership was like maybe your oil pump crapped out and messed everything up but I never saw a warning light or anything so I think that's not true plus I drove it a good 35 miles after the knock had started so if it was my engine would have died awhile ago. But basically the guy said they are ordering me a new engine, oil pump, and some other little things. it sounds a lot like they are trying to cover something up though by not telling me exactly what could have gone wrong.
    No surprise if you never saw the oil light. By the time you see that one it's already too late.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Got a call last night from dealer. They finally got approval from Subaru. Basically getting a whole new engine.

Good deal, same here my engine is on its way, they say itll be 7 days to get here then a few to put it in. I dont know how the warranty will work when i get a new engine but it should reset back to 0 if not im going to argue that it should.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.