New Member/WRX Owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Member/WRX Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys new member here for Socal area. Been wanting a WRX for the longest time and finally saved enough ...

New Member/WRX Owner

Hey guys new member here for Socal area. Been wanting a WRX for the longest time and finally saved enough pennies to get one ^_^

Just bought myself a '14 WRX Limited Sedan. Dark Grey Metallic, All-weather package, Navigation, STi Short Throw Shifter, STi Shift Knob, SPT Bushings and Carbon Fiber Trunk Trim. Such a great car. I love everything about it. Pictures really do not do these vehicles justice. You MUST see them in person. From the pictures, when i was shopping around i wasn't too thrilled about the paint color, but it was my favorite out the selections. But, when i got up close and saw it, i was blown away. I could go on about all the things I love about this car, but I'm -extremely- pleased with my purchase. I have just a few things i dont like. The blind spot on the drivers side when looking back to switch lanes, the stock fog lights seem pretty useless lol, sometimes my iPod doesn't sync up when i plug it into the usb aux jack, at certain bass frequencies there's a rattle in the passenger side door (have already talked to the dealership about this) and -- it's just too damn sexy i can't stop looking at it when i walk away. To me, these negatives are very miniscule. Such a great car :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    Get used to the rattles. Wait until cold weather hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
    Hey guys new member here for Socal area. Been wanting a WRX for the longest time and finally saved enough pennies to get one ^_^

Just bought myself a '14 WRX Limited Sedan. Dark Grey Metallic, All-weather package, Navigation, STi Short Throw Shifter, STi Shift Knob, SPT Bushings and Carbon Fiber Trunk Trim. Such a great car. I love everything about it. Pictures really do not do these vehicles justice. You MUST see them in person. From the pictures, when i was shopping around i wasn't too thrilled about the paint color, but it was my favorite out the selections. But, when i got up close and saw it, i was blown away. I could go on about all the things I love about this car, but I'm -extremely- pleased with my purchase. I have just a few things i dont like. The blind spot on the drivers side when looking back to switch lanes, the stock fog lights seem pretty useless lol, sometimes my iPod doesn't sync up when i plug it into the usb aux jack, at certain bass frequencies there's a rattle in the passenger side door (have already talked to the dealership about this) and -- it's just too damn sexy i can't stop looking at it when i walk away. To me, these negatives are very miniscule. Such a great car :-)
    I ha e yhe same problem. I haven't opened It up yet to really see where it's rattling but I believe it's somewhere between the window switches and door handle. Throw some non woven tape or foam of some sort in between between and you'll be good.

You bought a subaru though. Previously said, wait till its cold. You won't even hear your music or exhaust. Your a pillar by the VIN plate will rattle once it gets close to 50 degrees and colder, c pillars will start, deck lid, getting even colder and throw some mileage on and your power steering will start to whine until the fluid warms up...

The list goes on

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Great to hear of a new WRX to be so passionate. Enjoy the car and be safe!

Renzo, congrats on the car. I bought the same year, model and color in March.

I know what you mean about not taking your eyes off it. Car looks and drives amazing.

What part of California? I'm in Oceanside.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

I'm from San Diego (North Park) area.

I had the rattling looked at, at the Dealership. The guy put some felt tape around the power window switch inside of the door panel and it cured the problem.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

welcome to the club. Be safe out there

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.