in the car search game, need some info
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on in the car search game, need some info within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone im new to the subaru team and im looking to purchase a used subaru wrx. ive narrowed my ...

in the car search game, need some info

hey everyone im new to the subaru team and im looking to purchase a used subaru wrx. ive narrowed my search down to the 06 year only because for the wrx it seems to be the best purchase for my price range. now ive found some 07s but someone once told me something about them but basically they said that the 07 year had some issues that i should stay away from them. is there any reason i should stay away from the 07 or even the 04 or 05 years i know that thee 04 and 05 have the 2.0 but is there really that much of a difference in power and tourqe? and help and tips are much appreciated, i am trying to be smart about this and get the best bang for my buck ha, also if there are any links i should check out that would be much appreciated also. thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    As far as the motor goes the 2.5's are more torquey and each year has posted higher numbers; but I would rather have a high revving 2.0L. Just my preference. I'm not really sure that either motor is "better" in a vastly significant way.

I've never heard of the 07's having "problems." What in particular did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    As far as the motor goes the 2.5's are more torquey and each year has posted higher numbers; but I would rather have a high revving 2.0L. Just my preference. I'm not really sure that either motor is "better" in a vastly significant way.

I've never heard of the 07's having "problems." What in particular did he say?
    i think something about a "ringland" failure not 100 percent positive though, does this sound familiar?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    07 sti's had a really awful tune from the factory. thats the only thing i can remember hearing

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    On the 2.5L the ringlands are prone to cracking, but I'm not sure what the conditions were. And every instance I've heard of that happening it was on at least a decently modified car if not a turbo swapped car. I wouldn't say that they have ringland failures as a blanket statement though.

Maybe the local tuners/motor-experts here will chime in on this for you.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.