Regret not getting the limited vs WRX base. - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Regret not getting the limited vs WRX base. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax There will always be newer and better things. I'm still convinced Subaru will kill the STi ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    There will always be newer and better things. I'm still convinced Subaru will kill the STi model after 2016.
    Good possibility and i agree. Maybe they are tired of making 2 cars that compete with each other for sales and that's why these cars are getting closer and closer as far as performance is concerned . It would be nice to see them put all the time and effort into making just one car that performs really well.

If they made the STi trans and diff an option in the WRX and made the STi suspension setup a standard feature then they could focus on building one car, which would save money in a few different ways. Currently the only reason to buy an STi this year is for the bulletproof driveline and its outstanding trackability (if that makes sense), which most buyers will never need (just my opinion). Having that Diff or Trans as an option on the WRX would kill the STi sales so it just makes sense to focus on one platform.

It could very well end up becoming how US automakers run things at times. Have 1 car and a short list of driveline choices and maybe a sport tuned suspension option (and a wingless option hopefully lol). Saves on money on marketing that's for sure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Exactly!

The only reason I bought the STi is for the LSDs. I prefer the hydraulic steering in the STi but the steering in the WRX is really good for an EPAS system. I'd rather have the FA20 motor, though the EJ257 isn't terrible.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by XxSullyxX View Post
    I actually didn't want leather but went with the 2014 in Limited just to get the HID headlights.
    This is the main reason I wanted the limited...factory HID's are just too expensive to replicate. The heated leather seats and moonroof were just a bonus! Either way...same car.
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - SOLD

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 - White

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Exactly!

The only reason I bought the STi is for the LSDs. I prefer the hydraulic steering in the STi but the steering in the WRX is really good for an EPAS system. I'd rather have the FA20 motor, though the EJ257 isn't terrible.
    I hate this electrical steering crap. Sure it feels nice, yet i cant really feel the road like i used to. Give and take i guess. By the time my kid is 18 i wont recognize the crap thats on the road most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by blknylw View Post
    This is the main reason I wanted the limited...factory HID's are just too expensive to replicate. The heated leather seats and moonroof were just a bonus! Either way...same car.
    I thought the limited used LED not HID. I thought it looked cool too, yet it gets too hot in Tx to have a black leather interior. Maybe if i could get a cream color like my wifes car then it wouldn't be too bad. Hers still gets hot enough in the summer that it makes my wife hate wearing a skirt lol

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
    I thought the limited used LED not HID. I thought it looked cool too, yet it gets too hot in Tx to have a black leather interior. Maybe if i could get a cream color like my wifes car then it wouldn't be too bad. Hers still gets hot enough in the summer that it makes my wife hate wearing a skirt lol
    Yep. LEDs.

Facebook me here

I'm looking at 15 WRX now. I only want the base + sunroof + led headlights. That's my only list. $2k for sunroof but I get heated seats and fog lights and trunk lip too. Lame. Another $2k to get the headlights which gives me faux leather too. Also lame. I'm prob end up just getting the sunroof package.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    I'm looking at 15 WRX now. I only want the base + sunroof + led headlights. That's my only list. $2k for sunroof but I get heated seats and fog lights and trunk lip too. Lame. Another $2k to get the headlights which gives me faux leather too. Also lame. I'm prob end up just getting the sunroof package.
    Yeah, get the premium. You can always do headlights aftermarket. It'd be pretty tough to do an aftermarket sunroof. If the leather isn't your style, I see no reason to go with the limited.

To me the base model of any year is only good if you're on a tight budget or hate leather. But then people will buy a base because they're on a budget then spend thousands on mods. When if they really wanted a sunroof and leather they coulda had that.

When I was originally looking for a WRX I never thought about a base or a premium. I knew I wanted leather and sunroof. Same reason when I eventually got an STi I had to get a Limited.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

We all buy different cars for different reasons.

I was debating WRX Limited vs STi base....I went with STi base for the following reasons:

-rougher/throatier engine
    -transmission, suspension and steering
    -alcantara
    -no sunroof - dont like how they look and never use
    -no push button, I actually like turning key
    -DRAGON WING
    -LSD's

All that being said, I do like keyless access but oh well, dont need it at all.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    To me the base model of any year is only good if you're on a tight budget or hate leather. But then people will buy a base because they're on a budget then spend thousands on mods. When if they really wanted a sunroof and leather they coulda had that.

When I was originally looking for a WRX I never thought about a base or a premium. I knew I wanted leather and sunroof. Same reason when I eventually got an STi I had to get a Limited.
    The base STi interior with Alcantara/leather is quite nice. Get off your pedestal!

Facebook me here

I agree, in fact both my self and the salesperson at Subaru who drives an STi both agreed that the leather seats should be part of base STi and alcantara should be the top end model. Alcantara is amazing...

I had to have leather and sunroof myself. The sunroof just makes the cabin feel so much bigger and brighter. When I get into a car without a sunroof, I get a bit claustrophobic. Also, just popping the sunroof up makes any car look even sleeker. And while leather is terrible during the summer, it's hard to keep an interior looking new without it. The up charge from Premium to Limited is ridiculous though.
    Not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
    if you ain't running the ac, just throw a beach blanket on the seat when it's really hot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.