Regret not getting the limited vs WRX base. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Regret not getting the limited vs WRX base. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by gizmo0034 I got front seats, rear seats and door sills done with heated seats. Price came to ...

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    I got front seats, rear seats and door sills done with heated seats. Price came to $1800 installed but I also got a customized package of leather with suede inserts and red stitching. It would have been about $400 cheaper if I just went with the upgraded leather.
    Not bad!

Sent from Note 3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got my 14 limited just for Hids and navigation, I don't use the sunroof or heated seats. I've always had and preferred cloth seats, but I do like these leather seats. Love the spoiler vs the Sti wing or nothing at all.

After having the car a little over a month, I don't like the factory navigation unit. I could do a lot better in the aftermarket.

That said, I love my car and it loves me back. Only thing I do not like( and this is not a limited,base premium factor) is not having a 6th gear. At 80mph I'm at 3200rpms.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

I Support ClubWRX
    The only thing I wish I got was the sunroof. Though I just need to ride my bike more. I heard the leather wasnt the nicest also I wasnt a fan of the fog lights due to reading that people said they were also not the best. Also I didnt like the spoiler. Having a base without a spoiler may make you easier for a trunk swap with an STI if you wanted that wing.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Well guys.. Carmax is buying my base for 27k! That's more than what I originally paid! $24900
    Looking for a 14' sti now
    Sent from Note 3

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Spend the extra $$ and get the 2015 STi. Or wait a few months. Night-and-day difference.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by WRXRXTN View Post
    Well guys.. Carmax is buying my base for 27k! That's more than what I originally paid! $24900
    Looking for a 14' sti now
    Sent from Note 3
    Good deal. That almost covers the tax/dealer fees too huh? I agree with zax, unless you can get a 2014 sti for under $30k, I'd look into a base 2015 sti. Dealers always try to sell year old models for more than the new cars (take your car for example).

My 15' limited was about 2400 more than the base car. Paid 27,232 + destination for it. I don't care for the leather seats but the blacked out LED headlights are nice. Actually considering doing a interior swap with someone with cloth seats for my leathers + cash cuz I don't care for leather especially in the summer heat.

Pretty much covers everything. The thing is I can't wait a few months. Need a car for work.
    If I can find one for under 30k,that would be amazing! I don't think that's possible though, maybe closer to 32k I found a black silica 14 sti but they're asking close to msrp for base.
    I drove the 15 last night. Two very different beasts, that's for sure. Really tuff decision. I know I shouldn't base solely on looks but I can't stomach the 15s.

Sent from Note 3
    Last edited by WRXRXTN; 05-22-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gro Harlem View Post
    My 15' limited was about 2400 more than the base car. Paid 27,232 + destination for it. I don't care for the leather seats but the blacked out LED headlights are nice. Actually considering doing a interior swap with someone with cloth seats for my leathers + cash cuz I don't care for leather especially in the summer heat.
    It's a shame you're not closer.

Damnit! This is a tuff decision. I'm going to test drive another STI 15' in a few mins. I found a bunch of 14 sti's and can get them at invoice...hmm.DAMNT

If you're buying new, go with 2015. I'm sure you can find a dealer that will sell it at invoice that has one already coming in much sooner than the typical 10 week wait.

Gotcha. No point in dropping the same coin on old tech. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXRXTN View Post
    Gotcha. No point in dropping the same coin on old tech. Thank you.
    Exactly, my thoughts. I really wanted an STi but after doing the research and driving it around the block a few times i decided against it. Sure if i was going to the track once or twice a month then I would have considered it a bit harder. However, I found little reason to spend $8k more on a car that, in my opinion, didnt feel much faster than the WRX. Sure it was indeed faster but not by enough to justify the expense. Of course the Trans and Diff are bulletproof but i didnt feel like buying a car that i firmly believe will be replaced by a better version in a year or two.

Lets face it, the engine is outdated and im pretty sure it will be replaced at some point in the near future and i wouldn't want to be stuck with a car that ill want replaced if it does happen.
    Last edited by Mike0341; 05-23-2014 at 01:46 PM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
    Lets face it, the engine is outdated and im pretty sure it will be replaced at some point in the near future and i wouldn't want to be stuck with a car that ill want replaced if it does happen.
    There will always be newer and better things. I'm still convinced Subaru will kill the STi model after 2016.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

So I sold my WRX and cashed out. Unless I can find a cheap grocery getter as a DD, I don't think I'll be back so soon. It was a fun 4 weeks! lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast