Newb from Socal in 2015 wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newb from Socal in 2015 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; been lurking this forum for the past few days, figured it's time I joined and said hello. Just bought a ...

Newb from Socal in 2015 wrx

been lurking this forum for the past few days, figured it's time I joined and said hello.

Just bought a 2015 wrx premium six speed in Crystal Black. I test drove the car Saturday and after a conversation with my CFO (aka my wife) I went back and bought it on Sunday. This will be my first Subaru and is replacing a very boring 2012 Jetta. Before that I drove a 350z and before that a civic coupe with a type-r swap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome. We don't take kindly to those who don't post pictures...

What year was your Z? I had an 08 and hated it. Also, I call my wife my CFO, too!

I had an 06 and loved it. Well for the first few years. Around year 4 I started getting tired of my daily driver being a 2 seater. Thanks for the welcome here is a picture of my new toy:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myrex.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	149641

Nice, grats! I too am in socal, may I ask which dealership you went to?

Quote Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post
    Nice, grats! I too am in socal, may I ask which dealership you went to?
    I live in West La, but I bought it from Pacific Subaru in Torrance. Got it for under MSRP, but not much under.

Oh cool, thanks. Yea they aren't budging much. I live 2 minutes from them. Grats again, its a beauty!

Awesome! Don't forget to wave!

haha wave! Everyone is so friendly on the road (subie owners)

welcome! yea that color fixed the only thing i didnt like about the 15s. the silver! man thats a sharp car
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Ordered mine from Santa Monica Subaru. Let's just say I got a good price (much under MSRP). (ordered mine)

Quote Originally Posted by themomopan View Post
    Ordered mine from Santa Monica Subaru. Let's just say I got a good price (much under MSRP). (ordered mine)
    Yeah I'm sure If I had ordered one I could have gotten a better price, but If I had to wait a few months I'm sure the resale value on my Jetta would have dropped and then it would have just been a wash with no real benefit for me. As it was I had to sell my Jetta to carmax first, then buy the rex from Pacific Subaru as they lowballed me (by $3000!) on the trade in.

Yeah..I'm still waiting for mine.

I was looking at Pacific at first due to their incredible Yelp reviews, but they refused to match SM at first. When I told them I ordered from SM, they chased me down and asked me how much, and I quote "Usually I'd let this go, but business has been extraordinarily slow." I told him the price I ordered at, haven't heard from them since. lol...

Congrats on your new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by themomopan View Post
    Yeah..I'm still waiting for mine.

I was looking at Pacific at first due to their incredible Yelp reviews, but they refused to match SM at first. When I told them I ordered from SM, they chased me down and asked me how much, and I quote "Usually I'd let this go, but business has been extraordinarily slow." I told him the price I ordered at, haven't heard from them since. lol...

Congrats on your new toy.

Thanks! It's funny when I went they told me they couldn't keep them on the lot they were moving so fast. Also, they matched the price that Timmons had listed on Truecar.com which was under MSRP, but not close to invoice. I probably should have played hardball, but it was love at first sight and I wanted no one else to get the car so I bought it. Hope you get yours soon. What trim/color did you order?

Quote Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest View Post
    Thanks! It's funny when I went they told me they couldn't keep them on the lot they were moving so fast. Also, they matched the price that Timmons had listed on Truecar.com which was under MSRP, but not close to invoice. I probably should have played hardball, but it was love at first sight and I wanted no one else to get the car so I bought it. Hope you get yours soon. What trim/color did you order?
    I ordered a GBP Limited + Nav and some other stuff. I TrueCar priced a dealer even further south (El Cajon) and their price was a good 800 or so less than where I am here in LA. I asked SM Subaru if they'd match it and they said they would if I went with them. Pretty much hassle free. I'm just hoping my car comes soon!

Welocme enjoy the new car and be safe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast