Proud new Owner. 02 Wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Proud new Owner. 02 Wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up guys. I am the proud new owner of a 2002 wrx sedan. She has higher miles and little ...

Proud new Owner. 02 Wrx

Whats up guys. I am the proud new owner of a 2002 wrx sedan. She has higher miles and little things wrong here and there, but runs perfect and is a real solid car. Thought I would get myself on a forum. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1050.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	149521
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9035.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	149513

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the car. Any mods done? Do you know if the up pipe has been changed also what the mileage?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Its stock for now. The up pipe was not changed to my knowledge, and it has 177k on it.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    You got some '05 WRX wheels on there. So I guess that could be considered a "mod."

Get that up-pipe changed out as soon as you can. Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod

And Welcome!

Question. When I bought the car the seller told me the check engine light was on because it was in need of a new cat. About a week after purchase the light went off and is yet to come back on. Assuming the cat was really the problem, would purchasing an aftermarket uppipe fix that problem? I read the link you just posted and that seems to be what the best option would be, along with horsepower gains.

On another note, yeah they are 05 wheels. I actually just Plasti-dipped them white and did my calipars blue, it looks great.

Depends on which cat is bad. The cel can go on and off intermittently for cat related issues

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Without the specific error code, we can't say if replacing the up-pipe would fix it. It could be the rear o2 throwing the code. And even if it were the one in the up-pipe you would have to perform a different fix to get that code to go off because having no cat will throw a code just like having a defective cat.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.