2015 WRX Trunk paint chip. Need advice

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Trunk paint chip. Need advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all. I just bought my '15 WRX on saturday and on sunday I noticed there is already a paint ...

2015 WRX Trunk paint chip. Need advice

Hello all. I just bought my '15 WRX on saturday and on sunday I noticed there is already a paint chip on the trunk lid along the edge. I issue is that I bought the car in NY and I currently live in PA. Any advice on how I should handle this. The paint chip is barely noticeable, but I do not want it to spread and possibly lead to rust. Thanks for any advice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ragingclue25 View Post
    Hello all. I just bought my '15 WRX on saturday and on sunday I noticed there is already a paint chip on the trunk lid along the edge. I issue is that I bought the car in NY and I currently live in PA. Any advice on how I should handle this. The paint chip is barely noticeable, but I do not want it to spread and possibly lead to rust. Thanks for any advice
    This is a known issue for the 2015 and a lot of people have the same problem. Inform your original dealer about it and see what they say is my opinion.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a common problem to all subarus since 2008 MY's (I had an 06 that handled 5 Maine winters beautifully). The thing you want to do is put touch up paint on (a little primer if it is big) just to keep moisture/salt/etc out. It would be worth your money to coat your car in opti-coat, or at least wax often. Clear bras are well advised too. Otherwise the only real solution is a full quality paint job (unfortunately and probably not what you want to hear). Subaru cheaps out in their paint.