2015 WRX Trunk paint chip. Need advice
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Trunk paint chip. Need advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all. I just bought my '15 WRX on saturday and on sunday I noticed there is already a paint ...

2015 WRX Trunk paint chip. Need advice

Hello all. I just bought my '15 WRX on saturday and on sunday I noticed there is already a paint chip on the trunk lid along the edge. I issue is that I bought the car in NY and I currently live in PA. Any advice on how I should handle this. The paint chip is barely noticeable, but I do not want it to spread and possibly lead to rust. Thanks for any advice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ragingclue25 View Post
    Hello all. I just bought my '15 WRX on saturday and on sunday I noticed there is already a paint chip on the trunk lid along the edge. I issue is that I bought the car in NY and I currently live in PA. Any advice on how I should handle this. The paint chip is barely noticeable, but I do not want it to spread and possibly lead to rust. Thanks for any advice
    This is a known issue for the 2015 and a lot of people have the same problem. Inform your original dealer about it and see what they say is my opinion.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a common problem to all subarus since 2008 MY's (I had an 06 that handled 5 Maine winters beautifully). The thing you want to do is put touch up paint on (a little primer if it is big) just to keep moisture/salt/etc out. It would be worth your money to coat your car in opti-coat, or at least wax often. Clear bras are well advised too. Otherwise the only real solution is a full quality paint job (unfortunately and probably not what you want to hear). Subaru cheaps out in their paint.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.