2013 WRX owner here
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX owner here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, Just joined the forum today. I've been meaning to get on here for a while now. My names ...

2013 WRX owner here

Hello everyone,

Just joined the forum today. I've been meaning to get on here for a while now. My names Mario and I live in Snoqulamie Washington. I bought my black on black 2013 WRX from the Chaplins Subaru dealership in Bellevue WA last year. The WRX is the first brand new car I have ever owned, I actually ordered it from them. All I had added was the short throw shifter. The car is the base model WRX and is bone stock aside from some my tint and the short throw shifter.

Upcoming plans for the wrx:

1. My brother in law owns a vinyl wrapping company and will be wrapping the car in matte black later this month. So pumped for this.
    2. The only other mod I plan on doing is adding a downpipe and get it tuned. I could use some suggestions on what kind of downpipe would be ideal for my year, same goes with the tuner. My buddy just got a cobb tuner and loves it so was thinking about going that route.

Heres a couple of crappy pictues, ill try and get some new ones up soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	149289
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	149297

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bet those aren't the only mods you are going to want...

But if you are going to slap on a downpipe and throw a tune at it (stage 2)...I wouldn't even bother with an accessport. I'd book a time slot at PDX Tuning in Portland and drive the 3 hours on down. Get a protune that will be 10x better than anything off the shelf. Then you'll have an awesome trip back up.

Any downpipe would be fine really...they all do pretty much the same thing. But figure out if you want catted or catless. That should be based on your state's emissions testing and if you need cats to pass any standards or anything like that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I bet those aren't the only mods you are going to want...

But if you are going to slap on a downpipe and throw a tune at it (stage 2)...I wouldn't even bother with an accessport. I'd book a time slot at PDX Tuning in Portland and drive the 3 hours on down. Get a protune that will be 10x better than anything off the shelf. Then you'll have an awesome trip back up.

Any downpipe would be fine really...they all do pretty much the same thing. But figure out if you want catted or catless. That should be based on your state's emissions testing and if you need cats to pass any standards or anything like that.
    Well of course I want to do more mods! I just had a baby and money is pretty tight at the moment. I figured I'd get the best bang for the buck.

I'll have to check on the laws in WA, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need to get the downpipe with a cat... If I remember correctly, they are pretty strict here in WA.

What kind of HP/TQ gains are we talking with these two mods?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The one with the cat will probly be better for you anyway. Invidia catted bellmouth DP is a good one, best quality for the dollar in my opinion.

DP + Tune is usually around 285-ish Hp. But that's at the crank and different dynos can read drastically different. You'll know you've made progress when you get into the car and drive. It's about a lot more than just Hp numbers. "Stage 2" is a pretty big difference from stock.

Cool. Now I cant freaking wait to get it done... I love the car as it is stock, but I can feel the restriction and Im hoping to unleash the power with these two mods.

Thanks for the quick replies!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.