New member owner of 02 wrx

This is a discussion on New member owner of 02 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone my name is Ruvim and I'm an owner of a 02 wrx. So far I've got a full ...

New member owner of 02 wrx

Hey everyone my name is Ruvim and I'm an owner of a 02 wrx. So far I've got a full exhaust(up pipe, down pipe and cat back). Any suggestions on what my next steps should be? I'm trying to find a used Cobb accessport from what I know it's a really good investment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats How many miles on the car?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    well make sure your timing belt is replaced, all maintenance is completed, and your brakes are pristine. After that i would get a tune (protune) but the accessport will work stage two. It all depends on your budget my man. But thats the route i would go. What catback and downpipe do your have?
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

How do I get a protune? Is that just my computer programmed or? And which option would be cheaper? And the I can't remember the brand of the down pipe it is a bellmouth not the divorced one that I know, and the cat back is SpecDtunning I believe

Oh and the car has close to 300k on it but probably about a 100k on the motor

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    original trans?

look up local shops that offer pro tunes and use a dyno. accesport is cheaper but a protune what you want, they will reprogram your computer to the production that you want out of it, and it can be very efficient. the access port route is cheaper but its no preferred. its all about what your budget is and what you want out of your car.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Yes original transmission, clutch is good and no grinding in gears seems good still.

How much does a protune usually run? I know it's probably different at all shops but what does it run on average?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    A protune at a reputable shop on dyno would run you about $500 at the good shops.

Cobb AP vs OpenECU (Tactrix/Romraider/ECUFlash)

If you're going to keep the car, you might want to think about bushings and other stuff. I can only imagine how much your suspension is screaming for work. That's a lot of miles.

Yeah my suspension is definitely in need of a good tune up. Is there any other upgrades I should do before getting a tune that would help with power?

Is there a good site that I can get all my bushings from for a decent price?

I use Google and find the cheapest vendor with the same part number

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk