Boost Gauge

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, so I'm kinda confused on how the boost gauge works. I see the gauge on my dash, and I ...

Boost Gauge

Ok, so I'm kinda confused on how the boost gauge works. I see the gauge on my dash, and I have a manual, but I have no idea what it means or how to maximize it. Help please!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Best thing to do is dig around in the forums. It's well documented here and there. Also your "question" is vague.

Quick answer to how a boost guage works is it measures the manifold pressure and displays it for you.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Thanks

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Maximize what?

Performance. I think I'm a little confused on what it does. I'm a chick...I know how to bake and crap like that. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sillywabbit View Post
    Performance. I think I'm a little confused on what it does. I'm a chick...I know how to bake and crap like that. Lol
    In that case- watch the number that the needle is on; when it hits zero, and the bell goes off, that means the cupcakes are ready.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

gotcha!

Your boost gauge is somewhat like a tachometer. It is there to assist you in knowing when the best times are to shift.

If you aren't upgrading your engine, it is more or less a piece of jewelry.
    It looks cool, reminds you that you are driving a turbocharged car...
    but it isn't really useful for much other than knowing the turbine is running correctly.

Maximizing the car's performance at this point means learning it's driving qualities,
    and learning how to make those qualities into benefits, or modifying the car to fit your style.

The boost gauge is a good thing. You will be glad over time that you have it.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^TL/DR, What he means is it measures pressure inside the intake manifold. To maximize it's performance you have to do nothing, because it doesn't do anything but display information...like any gauge.