How to remove the emblem off my 2011 WRX STi? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on How to remove the emblem off my 2011 WRX STi? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; it has a ring around it just dont know if it is connected to the grill...

it has a ring around it just dont know if it is connected to the grill

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The chrome ring is part of the grill, the blue and black checkered part is what will peel off.

ok so I dont try and pull the chrome ring just the emblem

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    The chrome ring is part of the grill, the blue and black checkered part is what will peel off.
    Exactly. Your cool hot pink one doesn't have the plasti-chrome part either. (BTW that will look cool! And girlie unique) How is the WRX/STI scene downunder?

yes when I bought it from US Ebay it said that i have to put the ring around it so thats what made me think I had to pull the whole thing off. I love PINK and its going to look hot on the grey .thankyou. The WRX and STi scene is great but alot of them are targets for stealing thats why my 2 dont leave my garage much. so should the blue one just come off with heat??????

I Support ClubWRX
    It should. I searched around on youtube and just the overlay installation pops up. Search around for a video - but get one side started and get some dental floss in there like and stretched tight like a saw and saw through the adhesive, it will take a bunch of pieces of floss, maybe 15" long.

ok thankyou I will look at the video. the ones I watched on Youtube were plastic sticky ones but mine is not

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah those are just silly overlays. Tons of videos of those.

the heat gun/hairdryer technique is the usual, but don't "PULL" it off...
    use fishing line, make a dental floss bridge with your fingers, and slip it under the edge of the badge. You can resell it as OEM and undamaged that way for more than the pink one cost.
    ^wont cause fingernail dings or dents
    ^also removes ALL adhesive without damaging it or the car...

dental floss is abrasive, and gets hot... that melts the adhesive and makes it a fight.
    fishing line doesn't heat up and will slide easily. One piece, 3ft maximum is all you need. 4lb or stronger line is good to go.

Thankyou so much. So i just heat it up with the hairdryer and what do i use to get the adhesive off before putting the pink badge on

Hopefully you can get it all off without leaving any behind using the fishing line... if there is any residue:
    What you normally use to wax the car will remove the rest. Don't use anything abrasive or sharp. Take this one slow... it is a visual mod, so patience wins.

How did it work out? Pics?

WHOOHOOOOOO GUYS. Thankyou all so much for all your help i got my mechanic to do it for me he heated it up with a heater and waited till it melted had some strong double sided tape on it. Mmmmmmwwwaaahhhh to all that helped an Aussie girl out. It looks fantastic i will post a picwhen i get home from work

MTM
    I was gonna give you a high five but then realized youre a girl. Im a male. and I will be putting the pink emblem on my car too. hehehe

Im gonna plastidip my wheels pink and if I like it im going to buy pink powder and powder coat them pink.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.