My first Subaru! 2015 WRX just bought! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My first Subaru! 2015 WRX just bought! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MarkkInNj Welcome!! I am new as well.. Just bought a 2014 instead.. Wanted the hatch.. And chi!? ...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkkInNj View Post
    Welcome!! I am new as well.. Just bought a 2014 instead.. Wanted the hatch.. And chi!? I'm from chi as well! Love it! Lived in Lincoln park.. But moved to Jersey.. Enjoy man!! Mines the same color as well!! Love it!

Sent from my iPhone
    Right by the Premium outlets? And Great Adventure?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hahahaha... Well.. Jackson is huge. And I live about 25 minutes on the COMPLETE opposite side of that.. But, yes. That is in my town, sorta.. It's not really, it's in the the town over, but it's who wants to save let's go to cream ridge!? Jackson sounds better.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by nickatnyte View Post
    Yeah figure I'll be getting a lot of questions about that, wasnt sure but gf may have to drive it time to time and im in the city a lot, hopefully i dont regret that
    Congrats on the new car! I've got about 1k on mine and I love, love, love the CVT! My wife doesn't drive a stick and with 3 kids under 10 we needed her to be able to drive my car at times.

The CVT works flawlessly. So much better than the DSG i had in my GLI. The DSG, though highly praised by the automotive press, was very jerky around town and the strong downshifting made smooth braking almost impossible. The I/S/SI modes in the CVT are perfectly matched to whatever driving mode you are in at the moment. The I mode is perfect for cruising on the highway (I get 29 mpg) at low revs and it automatically turns into a "6-speed" stepped transmission whenever I get aggressive with the throttle. S mode is nicely sporty and "shifts" are fast and crisp with simulated "rev matched" downshifts that don't bob my head. SI mode is fantastic for carving up back roads and exit ramps with aggressive "shifting" both up and down. And manual mode holds the gear I am in no matter what but will downshift to prevent the engine from lugged too hard that the knock sensor kicks in.

I plan to take it to Watkins Glen in mid June to really see how it does at the track but I am extremely pleased and impressed so far!

BTW - the reason I bought the 2015 WRX was for the handling and boy does it deliver. I have not driven a stock car that turns in so quickly (other than my buddy's GT3) and that digs into corners with practically zero understeer. It took me thousands of $s in suspension work to get my 98 M3 to do that!
    Tom
    2015 WRX
    1998 E36 M3 Track Prepared / Street Legal
    Instructor - BMW CCA

Congrats! I just bought my cwp wrx also 3 weeks ago.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to ClubWRX!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

First upgrade from Subtle Solutions....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0892.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	146705
    Tom
    2015 WRX
    Instructor - BMW CCA

Dammit.. does NY not have a law that requires front plates? I hate front plates!!

NY does require front plates. But my car is registered to a house I own in Connecticut (which also requires front plates). Don't want to jinx myself but I have never installed a front plate on any of my cars.
    Tom
    2015 WRX
    Instructor - BMW CCA

That's great to hear about the CVT working so well. My friends have all been giving me grief for ordering a sports car with an automatic transmission. One asked me if it came with a purse and panties...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneric1 View Post
    That's great to hear about the CVT working so well. My friends have all been giving me grief for ordering a sports car with an automatic transmission. One asked me if it came with a purse and panties...
    Don't get me wrong - I am a huge manual fan and love the satisfaction of a perfect heel/toe downshift into Big Bend or the Bus Stop at Watkins Glen, but today you can't even buy a Ferrari with a stick and over 70% of Porsches are built without a clutch pedal.

Tell your "friends" to stick it while you do donuts around them!
    Tom
    2015 WRX
    Instructor - BMW CCA

Quote Originally Posted by nickatnyte View Post
    Yeah figure I'll be getting a lot of questions about that, wasnt sure but gf may have to drive it time to time and im in the city a lot, hopefully i dont regret that
    I considered the CVT for minute because I drive in and out of D.C. everyday, but I chose the 6sp MT and have no regrets.

Oh, and congrats and welcome. I got ISM as well, love the color.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12