2014's- how do you like your factory touch screen/navigation system
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2014's- how do you like your factory touch screen/navigation system within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; One of the 2014's I'm looking has this unit. How do you guys like it? It's out of state so ...

2014's- how do you like your factory touch screen/navigation system

One of the 2014's I'm looking has this unit. How do you guys like it? It's out of state so I can't really play with it. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The one in the 2015 looked like crap compared to my wifes Prius and i think it is the same from the year before. Im sure it gets the job done but to me it looked outdated.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have played with some factory HU's and im not a fan they seem too slow and for the same price if not a little less you can get a nicer one.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Mine has it. It's pretty terrible. Better than nothing, but if I had to do it again, I would have bought an after-market Alpine for about $700.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieRex View Post
    Mine has it. It's pretty terrible. Better than nothing, but if I had to do it again, I would have bought an after-market Alpine for about $700.
    What makes it so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyRama4 View Post
    What makes it so bad?
    It's very laggy and slow. Finding places or inputting addresses to navigate to is slow and cumbersome. The bluetooth has issues connecting sometimes. Hard to read the screen in direct sunlight. I have all my music on a USB stick and switching tracks and adjusting volume using the steering wheel controls is unbelievably slow.

If it came standard in all trims like the BRZ, you can excuse it because it's better than nothing. Paying $1000 for it? Terrible value.

There is a delay of a few seconds when switching tracks. When you turn on headlights, it dims the display. I still haven't been able to make the speech to navigation work. When I search for companies, it lists the closest locations 50 miles away.

It connects and disconnects on blue tooth all the time.

I bought this because it was me of few that had this feature. It's ex to run music off the USB port in the center console or Bluetooth device.

Knowing what I know now, I would buy an aftermarket unit that is more user friendly.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Not really into my nav either, but while on the subject can has anyone out there know if you can play a regular DVD? And if so how?

We have it in both our 13 WRX and 14 Foz XT. Not a fan at all. The one in the XT works better than the WRX but Tom Tom or Garmin integration would have been much better. As others has said it is laggy and slow at times. It also has a hard time finding hotels/businesses that have been there for years. Part of the issue could also be that they use a company that is about 2 years behind before they put out a new map. As in our WRX came with 2011 maps and our XT came with 2012 maps... Coming from a 2011 ford Edge Limited with My Ford Touch and Sync It is like going back 12 years in technology.... Ford has an awesome system with the Sync.... They also were fixing bugs/glitches with the system during the 2 years I had the car and I received 4 free SD cards with updated maps and 6 free software updates. They also pushed out the warranty on the unit each time. I Wouldn't have added it but it came in both vehicles. WRX is the Limited and the XT is the Touring. If you have the option get it with the reg radio and get a better unit for cheaper as others have said...

Yea I'm not a fan of my nav either. It's very slow and my phones GPS is 10x better

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.