JATT trying to jump into a 2015 WRX..
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on JATT trying to jump into a 2015 WRX.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey what's up guys? So recently i bought a 2014 Honda Accord Sport 6m/t. It was a big mistake. I ...

JATT trying to jump into a 2015 WRX..

Hey what's up guys? So recently i bought a 2014 Honda Accord Sport 6m/t. It was a big mistake. I ended up not liking the car at all. So now i'm considering switching to a WRX. I went to few dealerships ( metric, grand prix, competition, and last one i cannot remm). I'm waiting to hear what they say about the trade in for my accord. When i went in to the dealership they couldn't give me a price because the car is to new. So hopefully on Monday i get some calls back. I'm looking to pick up a 2015 doesn't matter what package it is lol Anyone here work at a dealership in Long Island ? I could use some help...

Here's a picture of my Accord..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wish you luck on getting your WRX. Just be careful, with that car being so new and you just getting it you will more than likely get hit with a good bit of negative equity that will roll over onto your WRX loan. Its a tough position, and I put myself through it a few years back. Ended up paying like 3k over the amount of my 08 wrx. Looking back, I wish i would have kept the car another year and made a few extra payments. Lesson learned.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

How much are you willing to pay a month. Also every car has a trade value even if its only a day old. You may want to find a more reputable dealer.

well thing is i only owe $11k on the car... I know i'm going to taek a big hit on the trade in ... nttin i can do about that sadly... and payment a money depends on what i get in a car .. i know i won't be able to afford a sti right now .. so my next choice was a WRX .. idk y i grabbed a Accord .. lesson learned..

Out of curiosity, what do you not like about the Accord?

I bought an Accord LXi 5-speed new in 1989 and really did like it. I kept it for 13 years, until I got broadsided in it. I always thought about going back to the Honda family, but I got hit with a few, but VERY expensive repair bills and said "no more". I don't even want to think of what it costs to fix the new ones.

What the heck could be expensive about repairing a Honda? I used to fix em with duct tape and zip ties
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
    I bought an Accord LXi 5-speed new in 1989 and really did like it. I kept it for 13 years, until I got broadsided in it. I always thought about going back to the Honda family, but I got hit with a few, but VERY expensive repair bills and said "no more". I don't even want to think of what it costs to fix the new ones.
    Curious; What repair bills came out to be expensive?

From what I've gathered, Honda seems to have one of the lower repair bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Emphasis View Post
    Curious; What repair bills came out to be expensive?
    A/C /condenser died (when it was hot as hades)
    Timing belt broke (and I had replaced it earlier according to scheduled maintenance)
    Radiator sprung a leak.
    Driver's side window control module died at least three times
    Retracting headlights would act up, usually fixed by some "percussive maintenance"

And, while not a mechanical thing, that was the year of the infuriating seatbelts that were integrated into the doors (at least on the coupe). They never retracted right, so I did not leave them attached. They'd get caught in the door and then I'd slam the door on the belt, tearing up the interior.

I was religious with the maintenance, which I think included valve adjustments every 15/30K , not sure which.

Meh.. Maybe "VERY expensive" is a bit too harsh.

I guess it wasn't too bad of an experience. After the '89 died, I found a pretty decent '88 LXi 5-speed sedan that my father-in-law ended up killing (plus it was slowly disintegrating). I think that one had fewer problems than the '89!

Oh and those damn factory fog lights. My own fault, usually, but, boy, did they break easily.

ok guys so i traded in my Accord last week and picked up a 2015 wrx

Quote Originally Posted by CMEJATT View Post
    ok guys so i traded in my Accord last week and picked up a 2015 wrx
    The Accord Sport 6MT seems like a really good car in many ways. What did you dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
    A/C /condenser died (when it was hot as hades)
    Timing belt broke (and I had replaced it earlier according to scheduled maintenance)
    Radiator sprung a leak.
    Driver's side window control module died at least three times
    Retracting headlights would act up, usually fixed by some "percussive maintenance"

And, while not a mechanical thing, that was the year of the infuriating seatbelts that were integrated into the doors (at least on the coupe). They never retracted right, so I did not leave them attached. They'd get caught in the door and then I'd slam the door on the belt, tearing up the interior.

I was religious with the maintenance, which I think included valve adjustments every 15/30K , not sure which.

Meh.. Maybe "VERY expensive" is a bit too harsh.

I guess it wasn't too bad of an experience. After the '89 died, I found a pretty decent '88 LXi 5-speed sedan that my father-in-law ended up killing (plus it was slowly disintegrating). I think that one had fewer problems than the '89!

Oh and those damn factory fog lights. My own fault, usually, but, boy, did they break easily.
    It had all of those problems and was a 2014. I would have considered using the lemon law to get them to replace your vehicle. That's just crazy how much crap went wrong with it in such little time.

Where did u end up buying from I'm from long island. And I want to actually trade up for the new sti.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

How are you liking your 15 wrx? I bought one May 2

i love my WRX <3 . it's a amazing car. so far i only have 400 miles on it lol.. breaking her in .. i bought my subby from north coast subaru in glen cove.

Here's a picture

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.