Impreza To WRX STi
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Impreza To WRX STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone , i am new here . This is my first post here.I will be buying a 2009 silver ...

Impreza To WRX STi

Hello everyone , i am new here . This is my first post here.I will be buying a 2009 silver subaru impreza hatchback and i wanna know how to convert it to wrx sti looks. I wanna know every detail and every part needed to convert a normal looking impreza into an aggressive wrx sti look. Its engine is too small which is just 1.5 non turbo so what can i add to make it little more powerful ?. Thank u in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Might want to consider starting with at least a WRX. It would be much more expensive to convert a N/A impreza into an "STi."

Even if i want just the looks of the STi ? That would be expensive too ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah ok...I thought you meant the performance of an STi. The looks would be quite easy. Wheels (would want to get an early year wheel (like a 2004 I think), as an STi has a different lug pattern), hood swap, slap some STi badges on there, and you would "look" like an STi. Depending on how much you actually want it to look like an STi there are other things you could do too, like the steering wheel, seats, etc.

I want it exactly like an STi looks , so how many inches wheels should be kept ? Are there are anything else other than the front bumpers , back bumpers , side skirts , hood swap and the wheels ?

I Support ClubWRX
    You would want 18x18.5 wheels, HID lights, STi grill, STi badges front/back, STi front fender garnish, STi seats, STi steering wheel, STi gauge cluster, hood swap (for the scoop), STi shift knob, and I think the rear lights may have been different, but I am not positive because I have a hatch. I believe the STi had a little wider body than the Impreza and WRX in 2008-2010 as well. The giveaways will be the exhaust and small brakes, so if you really really want it to look like an STi you would want to get bigger brakes and an aftermarket exhaust. Why do you want the car to look so much like an STi? I would just save the money you are putting into the car and wait till I could buy a real one!

Wow didnt expect that there is this much additions . I will do as much as i can. A used wrx in where i live is so rare and i dont think i will find one. Do u know approximately how much will the bumpers , side skirts , hood swap and the wheels only cost ?

😱*

I Support ClubWRX
    I am really not sure how much the cost would be without doing some research. I would just be guessing

Where do you live? You might look to find a totaled STi in that body style and see if you can pull some parts off cheap. That would probably be much cheaper than looking to source all brand new stuff.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodi View Post
    Wow didnt expect that there is this much additions . I will do as much as i can. A used wrx in where i live is so rare and i dont think i will find one. Do u know approximately how much will the bumpers , side skirts , hood swap and the wheels only cost ?

Thousands.

I know it's vague but that is the best guess we can give. 2004 STi wheels are in high demand so they are usually $1k+ by themselves. Prices are varied by region and availability.

My advice, save your money and upgrade to the real thing eventually. Not only would you get the looks but you'd get the power and handling as well.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Nothing like looking like an STI at the light and romping on the 1.5l to get beat by every civic next to you....
    Don't forget the wide body. ..front and rear fenders at least.
    With the cost difference , you could buy an STI or wrx. I'd say 7k painted and installed, interior exterior

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Well since you said a 1.5 it sounds like your not in US or Canada
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I just want to let you know that you will be branded a "poser" for trying to make a car look like what it's not. There will be a lot of negative attention.

Perhaps a better solution: make the car unique, something that only YOU have.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I am really not sure how much the cost would be without doing some research. I would just be guessing

Where do you live? You might look to find a totaled STi in that body style and see if you can pull some parts off cheap. That would probably be much cheaper than looking to source all brand new stuff.
    I live in uae . Ya thanks that idea is great , i will try it 👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Thousands.

I know it's vague but that is the best guess we can give. 2004 STi wheels are in high demand so they are usually $1k+ by themselves. Prices are varied by region and availability.

My advice, save your money and upgrade to the real thing eventually. Not only would you get the looks but you'd get the power and handling as well.
    I wish i could the real thing but its my first car and i am in college so the decision is not really in my hands 😂

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.