Subaru WRX Forum banner

Impreza To WRX STi

19K views 54 replies 12 participants last post by  Moodi 
#1 ·
Hello everyone , i am new here . This is my first post here.I will be buying a 2009 silver subaru impreza hatchback and i wanna know how to convert it to wrx sti looks. I wanna know every detail and every part needed to convert a normal looking impreza into an aggressive wrx sti look. Its engine is too small which is just 1.5 non turbo so what can i add to make it little more powerful ?. Thank u in advance :)

#4 ·
Ah ok...I thought you meant the performance of an STi. The looks would be quite easy. Wheels (would want to get an early year wheel (like a 2004 I think), as an STi has a different lug pattern), hood swap, slap some STi badges on there, and you would "look" like an STi. Depending on how much you actually want it to look like an STi there are other things you could do too, like the steering wheel, seats, etc.

#6 ·
You would want 18x18.5 wheels, HID lights, STi grill, STi badges front/back, STi front fender garnish, STi seats, STi steering wheel, STi gauge cluster, hood swap (for the scoop), STi shift knob, and I think the rear lights may have been different, but I am not positive because I have a hatch. I believe the STi had a little wider body than the Impreza and WRX in 2008-2010 as well. The giveaways will be the exhaust and small brakes, so if you really really want it to look like an STi you would want to get bigger brakes and an aftermarket exhaust. Why do you want the car to look so much like an STi? I would just save the money you are putting into the car and wait till I could buy a real one!

#7 ·
Wow didnt expect that there is this much additions :eek: . I will do as much as i can. A used wrx in where i live is so rare and i dont think i will find one. Do u know approximately how much will the bumpers , side skirts , hood swap and the wheels only cost ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Thousands.

I know it's vague but that is the best guess we can give. 2004 STi wheels are in high demand so they are usually $1k+ by themselves. Prices are varied by region and availability.

My advice, save your money and upgrade to the real thing eventually. Not only would you get the looks but you'd get the power and handling as well.

#9 ·
I am really not sure how much the cost would be without doing some research. I would just be guessing:)

Where do you live? You might look to find a totaled STi in that body style and see if you can pull some parts off cheap. That would probably be much cheaper than looking to source all brand new stuff.

#11 ·
Nothing like looking like an STI at the light and romping on the 1.5l to get beat by every civic next to you....
Don't forget the wide body. ..front and rear fenders at least.
With the cost difference , you could buy an STI or wrx. I'd say 7k painted and installed, interior exterior

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Well since you said a 1.5 it sounds like your not in US or Canada

#13 ·
I just want to let you know that you will be branded a "poser" for trying to make a car look like what it's not. There will be a lot of negative attention.

Perhaps a better solution: make the car unique, something that only YOU have.

#16 ·
The part that's going to be most noticeable is the fact its not a wide body. There are some nice looking imprezas once you get rid of wheel gap paint the tail lights and some window tint.

#20 ·
check out this thread it may give you some ideas. The amount you would spend trying to convert the looks of an STI your better off saving it. the 2.5i thread - Page 631 - NASIOC

#25 ·
Without a rebuild, I would not recommend it. There have been some successes with superchargers on 2.5L motors, but I know very little about the 1.5L ROTW motor.

EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_EJ_engine#EJ15

It is an extremely short stroke motor, but the low compression could allow mild forced induction. I can't speak for the internals however.

#26 ·
If it's not a turbo motor from the factory it will be a lengthy and expensive rebuild and overhaul to turbocharge it. Really not worth it in this situation.

Drive the wheels off of what you have now, and upgrade to the real deal when you can afford it.

I like learning languages and I've studied a few throughout high school and college, your English is good if you're not a native speaker :thumbup:

#30 ·
More proof that schools in the US are sub-standard. I can't even count how many idiots I run into on a daily bases now that I'm in college. Some of these kids barely understand the written English language thanks to all of the slang bullcrap they text and or talk on a daily bases. Their teachers should be fired because it's truly pathetic.

#32 ·
The only problem is the US isn't as closely integrated with such a wide variety of cultures and languages like Europe or the Mid East. There's only a handful of "important" languages spoken on the entire continent North and South. Spanish, English, Portuguese. Compare this again to Europe or East Asia.

Although, I absolutely agree foreign language classes in american high schools are a joke. Even the great teachers are severely limited by how little class time is required and state standards etc. Plus america is just so massive it has a lot of inertia and is hard to move quickly and make good swift reforms to things like education.

I'm done commenting, in an attempt to keep this thread and forum apolitical lol.

#33 ·
Lol i agree. Im having to retake basic Spanish anyway because the only thing i know how to do is order a beer lol.

Anyway back on topic

Has the OP already purchased the impreza?

Body kits, rims, seats, exhaust, ect. all add up so i was serious when i said itll be cheaper to buy a used WRX hatch.

That and youll look like a WRX so youll turn heads. But those heads will turn the other way when they see its just an impreza. Knock off dont get as much respect in the car world sadly. I had a friend who insisted on making his mustang LOOK like a GT500. Unfortunately he had a V6 so he was always the center of our jokes

#35 ·
IMO. Any type of conversion of a car is always going to be expensive and time consuming. Just as an example. Wheels and tires on the cheap. For new easily can cost $150 x 4 = $600 then tires... On the cheap again $100 x 4 = $400. then balance in stall usually $15 X 4 = 60. RIGHT there you're over a G. And thats buying on the very inexpensive side. Now i'm sure this G can be dropped a $100 or so by buying used wheels but its no guarantee that the wheels are in good shape.

Best bet is drive the paint off you car. Save every penny and you'll be able to buy a car that is already what you want. Be patient.

#40 ·
Since almost all of u agreed that its too expensive to convert the looks to sti/wrx , i wanna know what parts from wrx/sti or anything else that will make it look somehow sporty cuz its little dull looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.