leather interior and dogs

This is a discussion on leather interior and dogs within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I never had leather interior and a WRX is in the near future. Just wanted to know if leather interior ...

leather interior and dogs

I never had leather interior and a WRX is in the near future. Just wanted to know if leather interior is ok with dogs. My main concern dog claws puncturing holes in the leather. Appreciate the input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Get the dog hammock and you'll have nothing to worry about.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

^--- agreed or something similar. i have leather in my hatch so i lay something down on the pass seat to avoid claw marks or put him in the trunk.

LOL you can't put your dog in the trunk!

Well...I guess if you have a hatch then that's OK
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - Stage 2 - TP Tuned

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Dogs will scuff and tear leather like crazy...even if it's a well behaved dog just climbing in and sitting down. They will rip and cover in fur cloth seating. If you have a hatch, throw them in the trunk with a blanket layed down lol. I have a sedan so I lay down some scrap carpet that covers the back seat. If it's a small dog, then the passenger just holds it in her lap.

i stick my pit in the trunk of my hatch. I know for fact he would destroy the leather

I know they make a canvas material to go over seats to protect them. Also they have cut-outs in them so you can slip the seat belt buckles through

Kurgo Dog Seat Cover - Kurgo Bench Seat Cover for Dogs

^ that doesn't look half bad. I like sticking him in the trunk cuz he gets confused and doesn't know what to do so he doesn't move at all haha

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    ^ that doesn't look half bad. I like sticking him in the trunk cuz he gets confused and doesn't know what to do so he doesn't move at all haha
    LOL My dog is also easily confused and i throw her in the hatch of my car but i have a rubber insert with the purchase of my car.. Kinda like a raised all weather floor mat. The sides raise about an inch all around...I usually toss a blanket in there when i take her on trips so she has a little softness to lay on. if i didn't have a dog i would just sell you mine but i say take a look on ebay or craigs or something for one..

I Support ClubWRX
    My dog rides in the cargo area on a rubber mat for short trips to the park. For longer trips, he rides in his comfy kennel (which is also where he sleeps at night).
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    The leather itself, if it's good quality, should do OK with dogs. We use a car with a leather interior to transport dogs daily. The leather is better than fabric in that fur cannot become embedded.

If you can hear your dog's nails clacking on a solid floor, they're too long. Have them trimmed. We use a Dremel. If you don't know what you're doing pay someone to do it.

The real issue is safety. In the event of an accident not only is the dog likely to be injured or killed, but the dog's body will also become a projectile that will injure or kill other occupants in the car. Therefore I suggest you consider either a seatbelt restraint system or a crate with rigid sides that is attached solidly to the vehicle.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.