New WRX questions, 2014 WRX Premium. saint louis area

This is a discussion on New WRX questions, 2014 WRX Premium. saint louis area within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I picked this up three months ago almost and I love it, especially compared to the 2013 FR-S that ...

New WRX questions, 2014 WRX Premium. saint louis area

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	145137

So I picked this up three months ago almost and I love it, especially compared to the 2013 FR-S that I used to have, but I do have some questions. Thank you

1. Some reliable performance parts while still keeping it a daily driver? Ive heard Perrin and COBB mainly but I'm tempted to get the COBB stage 2 package.

2. Good colors for plasti dipping my rims and other small parts? Seeing as mine is grey I'm not quite sure what color. I've been getting votes for black/blue/red.

3. Short throw shifter? Is it worth it for this particular car? It feels pretty short as it is and I already have a weighted shift knob coming.

4. A good source of reference for properly changing out the oil/coolant besides the owners manual?

5. General tricks and tips for the car specifically, there always seems to be some.

Thank you for any replies and sorry for all of the questions that are probably easy answers.

Luke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1) I would say keep the modding to a minimum for a little while.. Enjoy the car get some fun out of it then mod... My .02
    But theres also GrimmSpeed, Bolra, nameless, Whiteline, and Invidia just to add to the areas to look.

2)... Your car is grey..... You can do ANY color! Plasti-Dip comes in a bunch of colors. And being its Plasti-dip you can change as much and as often as you like for a reasonable price. So go NUTS.

3) i would like to upgrade to a short throw... Thats just me.

As per 4-5) There plenty of threads on here for you to get information from. Just do a generic search through the search options. I would say try that first and then when you have more specific question hit up the members for opinions and options.

Sorry i couldn't really help but theres a lot of good people on here with good information. Way better than mine LOL Goo luck

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

1) Cobb and Invidia are popular for downpipes and Cobb and AEM are popular for the intake and you can either go AP or Opensouce tune. the Cat back is all up to your sound preference.

2) Plasti dip is all up to you People put a lot of crazy colors on their wheels.

3) If you like the shifter length then maybe consider a front and rear bushing upgrade

4) Coolant should be fine for a while and its an oil change so nothing magical about it.

5) not sure...dont rear end another car????
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by lukeluke92 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	145137

So I picked this up three months ago almost and I love it, especially compared to the 2013 FR-S that I used to have, but I do have some questions. Thank you

1. Some reliable performance parts while still keeping it a daily driver? Ive heard Perrin and COBB mainly but I'm tempted to get the COBB stage 2 package.

2. Good colors for plasti dipping my rims and other small parts? Seeing as mine is grey I'm not quite sure what color. I've been getting votes for black/blue/red.

3. Short throw shifter? Is it worth it for this particular car? It feels pretty short as it is and I already have a weighted shift knob coming.

4. A good source of reference for properly changing out the oil/coolant besides the owners manual?

5. General tricks and tips for the car specifically, there always seems to be some.

Thank you for any replies and sorry for all of the questions that are probably easy answers.

Luke
    First of all, welcome to Clubwrx! Car looks super nice! Onto your questions.

1) I would advise to stay away from the COBB stage 2 package. Not that cobb isnt a good brand, but IMO their kit is overpriced and you can get a better invidia turbo-back exhaust for less money. However, if i were you, I would hold off on the stage 2 for a little bit. But, to answer your question, stage 2 is still reliable for our cars. The reason I say wait for the stage 2 is because your car is still so new and you still have that factory warranty. If you want to get a little extra out of your car and still be able to retain your warranty, I would purchase the AEM cold air intake, or the cobb SF intake and the cobb accessport, then flash the stage 1 map for the intake you get. Stage 1 will add a decent amount of power over stock, and if you need to take the car in for warranty work, you can reflash your stock tune and put on your stock intake in less than 30 mins.

2)Its hard for me or anyone else to tell you what color to plasti dip your wheels, ultimately that is your decision and no matter what any of us say, you will end up with what YOU think looks good.

3)Like the others said, I would at least do the Kartboy front and rear bushings. They will make a huge difference, and if you want a shorter throw, the Kartboy short throw shifter is awesome.

4)Oil changes are simple on our cars due to the location of the oil filter being directly on the bottom of the block. But, if all else fails. GOOGLE is your best friend!

5)Research everything, lots of good info on this site and alot of very knowledgable people always willing to help. Never mod without researching first, most mods on our cars require a tune. Remember that!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread