Hi! My name is Phil and I currently drive a 2004 vw jetta GLI. I plan to sell the car in the near future (late spring/ summer) and I am planning to get a 2012 impreza WRX.
I plan to do a lot of my own modifications to the WRX most of which are already planned out and listed below. Any advice or tips would be a great help in building my car.
Things I've planned for the WRX.
1) suspension. Thinking Raceland coilovers but I'm looking into other brands as well.
2) Intake/exhaust. intake would be a typical cone filter assembly. exhaust will consist of a 2.5 - 3" catless downpipe, with a dual twin tip catback exhaust (haven't looked into this yet so I'd like to know of some of the better brands of exhaust systems out there)
3) Turbocharger I want to upgrade the turbocharger to something like a borgwarner efr6758 nothing too outrageous so i'd have to modify the entire engine, just to give it a tad more power 100-150 added hp will do fine for now (i'm not jeremy clarkson), waste gate to get the awesome squirrels being stomped on noise, front mount intercooler, but that would be a part of the intake.
4) Rims bitch! Wheels! planning on getting VMR 718 or 710 wheels need help on planning the wheel size cuz i'm not too familiar with the subaru wheel hub specs. (off set, stock camber,) all i know is that they are 5x114 bolt pattern
5) other cosmetic mods. I want to get led tail lights, xenon headlights. I also want to get a new front and rear lip.
If you could give any advice, harrass me, call me gay as people on the internet would. I'm a very friendly person and always willing to talk cars with people!