2014 Hatch WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2014 Hatch WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well.. for my graduation from college, I treated myself to a new car.. I graduate in May, and once this ...

2014 Hatch WRX

Well.. for my graduation from college, I treated myself to a new car.. I graduate in May, and once this is done I can spend some time with my car... My plans for my car are to keep it practical, as I will be doing a lot of traveling in and around cities (Boston, New York and Chicago) but I also would like to do some upgrades to it. She's a bone stock 2014 Ice Silver hatch. I bought er yesterday, and will be picking up on Tuesday. What are some things I should do while it's still so new?

Thanks..

MarkkInNj

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and congrats! I am done with college next week and can wait to be done. I would suggest short throw shifter and bushings from TIC as a start. There are also better options for tires than OEM that will help as well. Catback or axleback for a better sound is nice as well. All of which can be done without affecting your warranty

Well Sadly since you're in NJ you cant get tint without cops harassing you.... So i would say look into investing into the radio and speakers.... Also look into smoking the tails lights... Axle-back/catback exhaust is an idea... I wouldn't mess with the short throw shifter though... I'm pretty sure that will nullify your warranty unless of course it was done by the dealer with subaru parts. I would certainly look for things that won't hurt your warranty. thats my .02

Its the best feeling being done.. Got one year off then signing my life away for 9 more years.. But Chicago!? That's where I am from.. Lived in Lincoln Park by the Zoo haha, the exhaust was something I was thinking up front to start.. Tints And tires lol

Well.. Tints is something I'm doing anyways. I've got my ways around them harassing me too much.. Got that doctors note legalizing me to do it.. haha Plus, as of the past couple yeears they've been more relaxed on it since the inspection changed

Quote Originally Posted by MarkkInNj View Post
    Well.. Tints is something I'm doing anyways. I've got my ways around them harassing me too much.. Got that doctors note legalizing me to do it.. haha Plus, as of the past couple yeears they've been more relaxed on it since the inspection changed
    It really depends on where you are in NJ. I lived up in Middlesex County for my whole life up until recent. I know if you drive through New Brunswick you'll be alright but if you exit through Highland Park you'll Def get stopped. Good luck with the new car

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats!

Aside from exterior appearance and interior comfort stuff, I would suggest driving the car for a while and getting to know it before you plan anything too major. Then you can decide what areas you want to improve and what is lacking, etc. That way you can come up with a goal in the meantime and do a TON of research so you can do things right. Too often people jump into the mods before they can have time to plan/research. Read the manual front to back as well. Time well spent

If you will be spending time in a colder area, winter tires are a must though!

That sounds pretty solid! Yeah, I'm pretty used to doing research on things before I do it.. haha It's my job 24/7.. Oh my lab.. But yeah, I do want to get to know it a littl before I dive headfirst into it. And yes, winter tires will be here as soon as I make the move to one of the cities..

Congrats. I picked up my ice silver hatch last month. So far I tinted it 35% all around, installed Whiteline sways w/ Kartboy endlinks and picked up a roof rack. My next mod will probably be exhaust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MarkkInNj View Post
    Its the best feeling being done.. Got one year off then signing my life away for 9 more years.. But Chicago!? That's where I am from.. Lived in Lincoln Park by the Zoo haha, the exhaust was something I was thinking up front to start.. Tints And tires lol
    Nice. I live in Lincoln Square and work downtown. Tints, tires, exhaust.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.