Loud Thump Coming from my car Someone help me get piece of mind.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Loud Thump Coming from my car Someone help me get piece of mind. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just about a brand new 2013 subaru impreza 5dr premium hatchback and i have some concerns that are worrying ...

Loud Thump Coming from my car Someone help me get piece of mind.

I just about a brand new 2013 subaru impreza 5dr premium hatchback and i have some concerns that are worrying me. When I accelerate between 15 and 25mph I feel a brief clunk/grind coming from the bottom of the car. It feels as if it comes from a different side of the vehicle every time. Sometimes its on the passenger front and other times it sounds like it comes from the back. I am really apprehensive to believe its the ABS doing a self test. Why in the hell would it be doing a self test going 25mph? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, after i turn the key to off and the engine stops, i pull out my key and I can hear my transmission whirring down even after the engine has stopped making sound. Is this normal?

I bought this car brand new with no issues, after dropping it off at a 1,000 miles to get window tinting installed, two hours later i got a phone call and was told my car was left in neutral and it rolled off an embankment. the car took 4,700 dollars damage, but was told it was all body, and I was told that nothing mechanical was damaged and it checked out 100%. But ever since i got the car back, its like I've been hearing strange sounds emerging what seems like every day. The dealer has only stopped at words to help me, telling me every things fine but i never heard these sounds before. I also don't feel the tires hug the road going around turns anymore. The whole reason i bought a subaru was because i could feel the handling really grip the road. There was some suspicion that the car had been briefly towed on two wheels to get it out of the embankment, but i was not there when they towed it and they assured me they didn't. So I have one last question on top of the other three i just asked. If anything was wrong with my AWD system, would the sensors trigger the light to come on and tell me?, if the transfer case had been damaged would that be the reason i am no longer feeling the car grip the road?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Take it to the dealership and have a mechanic drive it with u in the car so u can show him the noises. Your car is under warranty bumper to bumper, use it

Also, take it to ANOTHER Subaru dealer. Bring your paperwork.
    This sounds like a bigger issue, the present dealership damaged the car.
    They really owe you a new one.
    That's the fact of the matter... your insurance company should be notified immediately.

Totally agree with both of these suggestions... Insurance should def be notified and get a second opinion from another dealer. You can even try to see if you can take the service manager out for a spin and show him your issues i had to do the same thing with my Forester when i had issues with it. Good luck man

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.