Subaru WRX Forum banner

Wait times on 2015 WRX orders

122K views 768 replies 130 participants last post by  Lankysean 
#1 ·
New member here. Ordered my 2015 WRX on April 7th but the wait is killing me. Still don't have a VIN and therefore no arrive estimate - Uhgg. This will be my second Subie, drove a 2006 Legacy for 7 years before giving it to a family member who really needed a reliable car. We also have an 2014 6 cylinder Outback but my husband drives that. I ordered the WRX Limited in lightning red with the short throw shifter. Can't wait - the test drive was a ton of fun but it is not going to sustain me much longer! Wondering if others have orders pending and what kind of wait times they are expecting/experiencing. We are in NH, not sure if the location affects expected delivery times or not.

#2 ·
I've heard different things. Seems like 8 weeks is fairly standard as an estimated lead time but I had one local to me dealer tell me 12 weeks. Others here ordered and it took less then a couple weeks. I'm sure there are a bunch of things that can effect lead times like canceled orders, preordered stock, popularity of certain models/colors, the expected volume of the dealer, geographic location, etc., etc.

I can can totally empathize with the wait killing you though. I'm in the same boat. :sadwave:

#3 ·
Just ordered a '15 WRX Limited. Dealer gave me an vehicle order number (VON) and said expected date is last week of June, so 10 weeks. Ive heard a bunch of different things about how you can check orders and if the dealer can give you better info... It seems that not much info is available until it gets shipped. If you have a VON I heard that you can call Subaru of America if the dealer isn't giving you any info. Haven't tried this yet and may be a waste of time.

#12 ·
Damn, I feel lucky. I went to test drive a '14 on 4/9 with no idea that the '15's were on the way. Dealer told me they'd be here end of the month, then low and behold I got a call on 4/11 that one had hit the lot. I put $500 down on it and drove it away the next day!

#13 ·
Ordered mine last week (Sydney, Australia) from a place who ended up stuffing me around saying that no one can get their hands on one for 2-3 months so I got my deposit back. Called every dealer in the state and interstate and finally got one motor group that could get one which just came into the country. It will be here in a week.

Bloody excited!

#19 ·
Happy for you. I ordered a base DGM with short shifter 4/26. Haven't seen a '15 on the road yet, and I'm in a hotbed of WRX fiends. Haven't even got a VIN to stare at yet. Kill me now.

(**** sunroofs, they take too much headroom, good luck sitting upright with a helmet)

#21 ·
Walked into dealer on 5/1 and they had a white premium 6spd with nav and Harmon kardon. This was in NY. So that's what I left deposit on, just coming up with rest of cash!

They had a red base model that was sold and I believe 2 black STi's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
I'm about to order one since there doesn't seem to be any available here in the options I want. Was told 10-12 weeks. Does anyone know if then Nav/HK/Keyless is factory installed? And can you just get the keyless/push button start without Nav/HK?

#26 ·
Nav/HK/Keyless from what I've seen so far (from basically anywhere) is order only. I haven't seen one on the lots anywhere. I ordered myself a GBP Limited with Nav/HK/Keyless 5/2 and isn't expected til Late July. Hoping that it comes even sooner.

Keyless/PushButton is not available as an individual option (for the WRX at least)

#27 ·
Thanks!

What's confusing is that the $2500 Nav/HK/Keyless package online reads "prices shown do not include installation cost. Actual price is set by dealer and may differ based on local installation labor coats".

Reading that made me think it was only a dealer installed option, which I REALLY dislike.

#35 ·
There doesn't appear to be a delay with the white paint. I ordered a CWP Limited w/ short throw shifter on 4/12ish and just got a VIN! The original deliver date was last week in June. The new date is June 6-9.

Hope yours is on the way!

By the way does anyone know where he car is in the manufacturing / delivery process when it gets a VIN? I just got a VIN a couple days ago and they said two weeks until is arrives. That makes me think it's at the US port or close to it. I live in Michigan so it has to travel across th country as well.

#39 ·
It's driving me nuts too. I saw one the color I want and the model I want with the short throw shifter I ordered at a dealership. It is missing the Harmon-Kardon and the exaust or I would just buy it. Still July is my date and I ordered around 4-10. I see others getting theirs that ordered after me and it is driving me nuts faster. Driving my 08 just does not cut it so I have been driving my outback and motorcycle just to keep my mind off of it. It is not working very well.:screwy:

#41 ·
I ordered my limited on 4/10 DGM sti HK package with STi exhaust and short throw shifter. I finaly have a date of 7/15. As stated before my 08 just does not cut it anymore. I drove my 02 Outback on a 4k trip I just took to the Southwest complaining I did not have my turbo and missing the handling the whole way.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.