A perfect Noob question here, yahh

This is a discussion on A perfect Noob question here, yahh within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok I looked all over and still can't find the answer how do you achieve more boost then the waste ...

A perfect Noob question here, yahh

Ok I looked all over and still can't find the answer how do you achieve more boost then the waste gates 14.7psi , I realize the waste gate is on exhaust side of turbo and the Psi that i'm talking about is on the intake side ,Is this where the boost control valve regulates the pressure and if it so where does the pressure release BOV ? Im just trying to figure out how things work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The short answer is that to achieve more boost, you would tune your car to run at a higher boost. You can achieve more than the stock boost on the stock hardware. But it sounds like you have more questions than simply that. Here are some likes that you might take a read through.

Boost Control FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

Engine Management FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

Blow Off Valve FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC

Turbo FAQ: Read if you are thinking of upgrading! - NASIOC

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The stock boost control uses a two port bleed electronic solenoid and a wastegate. In short, the solenoid bleeds off the air so that it dosn't push the wastegate open, which gives you higher boost levels than wastegate pressure. These articles explain how the two port system works, and also how you can improve upon it, change boost pressures, improve response, etc etc.

Boost Control Systems Explained….. Part 1 » PERRIN Performance Official Blog

Boost Control Systems Explained….. Part 2 » PERRIN Performance Official Blog

Boost Control Systems Explained….. Part 3 » PERRIN Performance Official Blog

Bingo what i was looking for thank you.