new member here
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new member here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got my wry02 last year. Low mileage when I got it and decently maintained. Love it so far....

new member here

Got my wry02 last year. Low mileage when I got it and decently maintained. Love it so far. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4237.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	144665
    Last edited by java218; 04-18-2014 at 09:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome Any mods done to the car? Still have the stock up pipe?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Welcome Dude

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome me to club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Welcome Any mods done to the car? Still have the stock up pipe?
    right. Still have stock of pretty much everything actually, except for two extra subwoofers. a lot of space for potential mods/upgrade

Welcome!

one thing with bugeyes is the stock up-pipe has a CAT. sometimes that CAT breaks apart in little pieces and goes for a joy ride on the turbine of the turbo. English- stock up-pipe CAT can seriously damage your turbo

The CAT doesn't always do that but that's the #1 recommend first mod for a stock 02-03.

Wagons are awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    This is what he's saying: Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod

Very nice find. Stock and low miles, looks pretty clean too

Thanks guys. That note is very useful. I am still at very early learning phase about car and mods. A few more questions, 1) will there be an emission problem if I switch to cat-less up pipe? 2) what would be the most cost effective option for another up pipe mainly for preventive purpose (2.5L OEM? ), any suggested places for finding/buying this? Many thx..

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you have a 2.0l but as for up pies you can either get an oem one and gut it or maybe get grimmspeed
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX

new member here

1. Yes. The car would be illegal on public roads in the US. The car will generate a check engine light that can be dealt with by installing a resistor. The car may fail a visual inspection if the inspector is alert enough. Actual emission levels should only be affected when the engine is cold. This is a routine mod and most people fix the CEL and get away with it. No guarantees.

2. Used pipe with new gaskets. Buy some turbo studs just in case and have band aids around. Figure out how to instal a heat shield no matter what.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

OK... so if I understand right, the most straightforward way is to take out current up pipe, remove cat (gutting?), and put it back with new gaskets. What's band aids for? In case I cut my self ? and what is the heat shield about? ha, new tips keep popping up, i will do my best for not being blown away..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by java218 View Post
    OK... so if I understand right, the most straightforward way is to take out current up pipe, remove cat (gutting?), and put it back with new gaskets.
    That's the cheapest way, not the most straightforward.

What's band aids for? In case I cut my self ?
    You'll be working on bolts that are a decade old.

and what is the heat shield about?
    The heat shield is to minimize heat from the exhaust system escaping. If you chose an aftermarket pipe you will need to figure out what to do about a heat shield. Some trim the existin shield, others instal a different shield. If you gut an OEM up pipe you can use the existing shield.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.