any out of state purchases?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on any out of state purchases? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Has anybody bought vehicles from out of state? Is so, how did your transaction go? Smooth? How'd negotiation go?...

any out of state purchases?

Has anybody bought vehicles from out of state? Is so, how did your transaction go? Smooth? How'd negotiation go?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MTM
    yes.

pain it the ass.

Oregon to CA. But CA title... it was annoying.

I purchased in state but with all the BS i had to deal with Subaru corporate i should have gotten a certificate of diplomacy after the purchase!! LOL

MTM, what made it such a "pain in the ass?"

I bought mine out of state and it was a breeze no issues whatsoever

Got mine from Clint at Heuberger Motors in Colorado, shipped to CA. Great price, shipped to my house.

I guess the only pain is having to the DMV hah!

You guys obviously went out of state b/c they had something your state didn't. How'd you guys do with pricing? The dealership had to know the car they had was exactly what you wanted. Knowing this, did they budge on price? Did you guys end up getting good deals? Did the price come at a higher or lower price than you expected?

@MightyRama4
    My story, I had a 2012 WRX which I got at a really great price, it was involved in an accident. After all the insurance stuff was done, I was ready to get a 2014. I went back to the original dealership, they couldn't give me a good price. I had seen Clint on the IWSTI boards and decided to contact him. I didn't even think to haggle with the prices he's giving, it simply was the lowest I had seen.

My pricing was good because Corporate gave me $3500 on top of my Down payment and then lowered my interest rate and threw in a review mirror upgrade for gratis... but nevertheless.. dealing with 10 different dealers to get me the "premium" WRX ultimately going back to the very first dealership i worked with because all the other dealership "LARGE VOLUME DEALERS' who swore they could get me better rates and cheaper payments... I can go on for days.... Regardless i love my WRX wagon!

Bought mine from Clayton at Ramsey Subaru in NJ, drove it back to VA, no issues. 10/10 would do it again.
    2013 WRX Premium Hatch DGM

I should've mentioned I don't plan on going to the dealer. Everything would be negotiated over the phone/email. It would be for a brand new '14 and it would be shipped. Should I still expect everything to go smoothly?

If you find a salesperson experienced in doing deals over the internet/phone AND can recommend a shipping company they have history with, that will help things go smoother. Check out http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ubwrx-net.html
    2013 WRX Premium Hatch DGM

MTM
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyRama4 View Post
    MTM, what made it such a "pain in the ass?"
    I had a list of things to take care of. annoying but I got it done.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.