First things first
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First things first within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am putting on an aftermarket up pipe and down pipe on my WRX and getting it COBB tuned with ...

First things first

I am putting on an aftermarket up pipe and down pipe on my WRX and getting it COBB tuned with a custom map and fine tuned by my tuner. I am planning in putting on the up pipe/down pipe myself. That being said, I will need to drive it to the tuner after making upgrades without a tune. How/what order should I do things? Bolt ons, Accessport tune, then drive to tuner to get custom map/tune? Or what?

Also if I upgrade up pipe and downpipe without upgrading the rest of my exhaust will I blow it or can I safely do this? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Install Downpipe/uppipe, flash OTS Cobb Stg 2 map, drive to tuner to get tuned.

You do not need to upgrade the catback. Catbacks do very little to performance in these cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    What year is your car?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyd0101 View Post
    Install Downpipe/uppipe, flash OTS Cobb Stg 2 map, drive to tuner to get tuned.

You do not need to upgrade the catback. Catbacks do very little to performance in these cars.
    Thanks! Just out of curiosity, is stage 2 fast enough to win any races? I'm going stage 2 even if not and racing isn't my intention for the build, I just want something fun, but does anyone have any experience or input as to how fast (or slow) a stage 2 wrx is and what they've won against!

That's a pretty open question.
    The World Rally Championship was won with an Impreza.
    the word "Stage" is really very arguable, as to what each 'stage' truly entails.
    When used by Cobb, they have particular mechanical upgrades for each level of power, which they call stages.
    Using those stages in combination with the correct mechanical upgrades can net more or less power, depending on how close to Cobb's intended build your map was written.
    If you are concerned that you are going to harm the car on the way to the shop, you can always have it taken there on a flatbed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im not sure Stage 2 is enough for those oh so sleek Smart cars.
    If you have the access port for your 02 wrx you should be fine with the stage 2 flash. How far is the tuner from you?
    As for winning races so many things to consider off the line or rolling start and what is the other car if your not happy then just keep building up the car.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    Stage 2 enough to win any races? Maybe if the other car is driving backwards. The WRX isn't meant for racing or driving fast.

Sell it and buy a dodge caravan.

I highly recommend going to a weekend track event that allows people to try their own cars out.
    At that point, you can meet other people with similar desires, and compare results with your cars.
    That way you can learn about your own car, along with what racing is really like.
    The car matters very little once you are out there, as far as 'how fast it is' ... the driver is 10x as important.

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    ^Truth.. An 09+ stage 2 WRX can nip the 12 second quarter mile, or land in the mid 14's, depending on the driver. Either way, if you're looking for a drag racing car, you bought the wrong one. You'll be a lot better off carving corners.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.