Joining the Bugeye ranks!

This is a discussion on Joining the Bugeye ranks! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Posting pictures tomorrow in-between moving! Hey all, after searching for a well maintained vehicle, that would still have a fair ...

Joining the Bugeye ranks!

Posting pictures tomorrow in-between moving!
    Hey all, after searching for a well maintained vehicle, that would still have a fair amount of "spirit" while driving my '95 3.8 stick mustang of six years, I looked at many cars. In fact, I almost drove across the state to pick up a 9-3 Aero, until the owner flaked out last minute and pulled it off the market. I found my MBP 2003 WRX Wagon about a week ago. Papers went through last friday, and I have been loving this car! It is so incredibly smooth, and words can't express what a more enjoyable ride it is than my (dearly missed) 'stang. It is 95% stock, and that was a big deal maker for me. 2 previous owners, timing belt has been done once, possibly twice according to the mechanic I spoke to who worked on the car for the original owner, as well as a new clutch, brakes, and rear shocks.
    The car has an STI strut bar in the hatch and engine bay, Mishimoto intercooler piping for the 3-prong tube, and some peculiar Konig wheels with new tires.
    It runs very strong, but I am *trying* to baby it long enough to follow a how-to on peeking inside the what appears to be stock uppipe to see if the cat is still filled with possible shrapnel. I am hoping not...
    Stock dp and remainder of exhaust, seems the intake silencer has been removed. I've used this site primarily to research and learn the last few days, and just did an oil change this evening along with a flush of the manual transmission fluid. Both were pretty colored, but not black. Just want to start fresh. I slightly over-filled the trans fluid by mistake, and it seems there is some seeping around the drain plug. I torque'd it to the 32.5 I read in the service manual after filling it with synthetic 75w-90 . I'm going to siphon some out tomorrow morning to be safe.
    Anyway, i'm real happy to join the Subaru owners in this forum, and look forward to having a place to browse other members' work, and hopefully get assistance with my do-it-at-home jobs I plan to carry out. I plan to keep it stock and maintained.
    Thanks for letting me hang!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails '03 Subie!.jpg  
    Last edited by StangToSubie; 04-16-2014 at 12:31 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    "peculiar wheels" ...you got that right. Welcome! Sounds like you did your research and got a decently untampered ride.

welcome!
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Thanks guys! Yeah, I believe the wheels are some sort of "lace" set up, which look a bit better online(as i'm sure the previous owner thought). Oh well, if i come across some cheap decent looking ones i may spring for them. I'm currently in the process of getting the a/c back on board. I've read a few write-ups on here, and I can get the now-shredded belt and plastic pulley, problem is the plastic clip that hooks on to the pulley and the long bolt that tensions the belt is missing. So i'm hoping the dealership can possibly find me one.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of where to post a few pics? I can put them in this thread, but if the gallery is moe' proper that's cool too

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

I'd post the figures in this section --> General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents.