Need help guys plz on my 02 WRX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need help guys plz on my 02 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey there I need help wit my 02 wrx inpresa auto I did a jdm swap on it but my ...

Need help guys plz on my 02 WRX

Hey there I need help wit my 02 wrx inpresa auto I did a jdm swap on it but my car won't iddle right n feels
    Like don't have power n shakes a lot check engine is on due to crank sensor n crank shaft sensor idk what this codes mean p0340 n p0171 pls need help so I can have my car runnig my # 7329865099 name raul u can text me any time also well sell for 5000 obo if I don't get to fix it car runs n starts but don't iddle good n Shakes got papers for the swap Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	144217

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Come on guys help a nod subi owner thnks

Plz guys help me out or if u know some one I can get help also plz bump if view thnks guys

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What do you mean by JDM swap? I would suspect that's your problem..

Put in a motor from japan from jdm depot

What motor? There are lots of different JDM motors for Subaru.. did you splice in the wiring harness for it? Are you running the correct JDM ECU for the motor? And does it have the right tune on it?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    p0343 is camshaft position sensor
    p0171 is a lean condition

Where are you located?

Without much info to go on.. right off the bat I'm thinking an AVCS problem, since the MY02 USDM ECU has no way of controlling AVCS, the intake cams are probably in a retarded position and have no way of advancing. That is, if the JDM motor is one that utilizes AVCS... could be other things going on as well.

Seriously...you could have 9 million things going on right now causing your issues.

Give us detailed information please.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the CAS connected? Does the MAF harness face forward? Is this an AVCS mitor? Which ECU?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

inpresa.....really?

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I see your problem, you did a swap and no research. Take it to a shop that specializes in JDM swaps.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I'm running on coils it's a ej205t jdm car runs just funny n some times whit no problem idk what to do I got it from jdm depot I'm Runing stock ecu

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    p0343 is camshaft position sensor
    p0171 is a lean condition

Where are you located?
    what's the lean position ????

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxcn01 View Post
    I'm running on coils it's a ej205t jdm car runs just funny n some times whit no problem idk what to do I got it from jdm depot I'm Runing stock ecu
    What does "I'm running on coils" mean?

Does the MAF harness face forward?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast