Need help guys plz on my 02 WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need help guys plz on my 02 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MTM who told you? The place you bought it from? what year is it out of? Yes ...

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    who told you? The place you bought it from? what year is it out of?
    Yes it's from a 02 same as mine

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MTM
    its not going to run right with the USDM ECU.

Im sure there are other issues as well. But I dont know as much about the JDM 205s like if they have AVCS or if thats the 207s only.

Do some searching.

Wut?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxcn01 View Post
    Yes it's from a 02 same as mine
    I'm surprised it has a distributor and spark plug wires then.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    its not going to run right with the USDM ECU.

Im sure there are other issues as well. But I dont know as much about the JDM 205s like if they have AVCS or if thats the 207s only.

Do some searching.
    Whas the avcs
    Last edited by Mxcn01; 04-17-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I'm surprised it has a distributor and spark plug wires then.
    That's why I had to change the hole intakemanifold n some others sensor

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxcn01 View Post
    That's why I had to change the hole intakemanifold n some others sensor
    I want to be clear: If you had a distributor and wires, there are only two possibilities of which I'm aware:

1. Your motor is an EJ205 from an AU export car, turn-of-century vintage.
    2. Your motor is not an EJ205.

I recommend figuring out what motor you have. Then I recommend figuring out what ECU you need to run that motor.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I want to be clear: If you had a distributor and wires, there are only two possibilities of which I'm aware:

1. Your motor is an EJ205 from an AU export car, turn-of-century vintage.
    2. Your motor is not an EJ205.

I recommend figuring out what motor you have. Then I recommend figuring out what ECU you need to run that motor.
    I wonder if he means alternator and coil packs...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

MTM
    just because some one told you something is JDM doesnt make it automatically better. You have to do your research man. I think you may have learned the hard way here.

I get where this is headed, generally, to the guy who started this whole conversation:

take the car to the people who put the engine in the car and explain it. possibly take them for a ride in it.
    where the motor came from doesn't matter any more
    you installed it
    it is now yours. arguing that is useless.
    as far as making it run... the mechanic or mechanics that installed that engine are responsible for making it run properly. If you can get a straight picture of your engine, we can answer a lot more of your questions with much more detail.
    Hope this helps, good luck. Nice bodywork btw, it will be nice if that runs as nicely as it represents its model year.

I Support ClubWRX
    Fun fact: My Japanese friends are supremely jealous of the USDM Outback, which is bigger than theirs (apparently). They were asking me about getting USDM parts for their JDM cars.

The grass is always greener...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Fun fact: My Japanese friends are supremely jealous of the USDM Outback, which is bigger than theirs (apparently). They were asking me about getting USDM parts for their JDM cars.

The grass is always greener...

Isn't it though?!

If I knew back then that I could sell Italo disco vinyl records, Adidas trainers, and old American car parts for great prices in Japan, I could have made some money (and spent it on useless rubbish as usual).

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    I get where this is headed, generally, to the guy who started this whole conversation:

take the car to the people who put the engine in the car and explain it. possibly take them for a ride in it.
    where the motor came from doesn't matter any more
    you installed it
    it is now yours. arguing that is useless.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	144489
    as far as making it run... the mechanic or mechanics that installed that engine are responsible for making it run properly. If you can get a straight picture of your engine, we can answer a lot more of your questions with much more detail.
    Hope this helps, good luck. Nice bodywork btw, it will be nice if that runs as nicely as it represents its model year.
    Here u goClick image for larger version. 

Views:	22 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	144465Click image for larger version. 

Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	144473Click image for larger version. 

Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	144481

I Support ClubWRX
    The top half of the engine bay shows parts from a late 2001 or early 2002 car (black coolant overflow canister top; original radiator without a cap). Someone seems to have mounted Hella horns for use exclusively with the alarm system. Other than that, nothing notable. The MAF seems installed correctly and the air filter is present, so the PO171 is something more esoteric than that. Check the FPR connection on the mid-left-lower side "under" the intake black plastic coupling.

Still, I suspect that your ECU and engine are inherently incompatible.

The top half of the engine bay shows parts from a late 2001 or early 2002 car (black coolant overflow canister top; original radiator without a cap). Someone seems to have mounted Hella horns for use exclusively with the alarm system. Other than that, nothing notable. The MAF seems installed correctly and the air filter is present, so the PO171 is something more esoteric than that. Check the FPR connection on the mid-left-lower side "under" the intake black plastic coupling.

Still, I suspect that your ECU and engine are inherently incompatible.
    So should I get a jdm ecu ???n what's fpr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.