Help!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have an 02 wrx and am having a extra whining noise. The turbo is good and I just replaced ...

Help!!!

I have an 02 wrx and am having a extra whining noise. The turbo is good and I just replaced my bov... Anyone have any suggestions on what else can cause this noise????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's sort of hard to diagnose with just "a whining noise". can you take a video and post it on here or something like that? Or possibly explain a little more in depth as to where the noise is coming from, when the noise occurs, what it sounds like (whine is a pretty general term IMO). Those sorts of things.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    It's sort of hard to diagnose with just "a whining noise". can you take a video and post it on here or something like that? Or possibly explain a little more in depth as to where the noise is coming from, when the noise occurs, what it sounds like (whine is a pretty general term IMO). Those sorts of things.
    THIS^^^^ More info please. You wouldnt walk into the ER and tell them you are bleeding very badly and not tell them where from, would you?
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

From what you told us, sounds like your supercharger is working correctly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Ok when the weather is better I will make a video. But yeh it's weird cuz it only makes the noise while I'm driving. Starts around 2 rpm. But I can rev the engine up while parked and I don't hear the noise. I don't think it's the transmission because it shifts fine. And this didn't start until I had some people try and jinx the fuel line recall located under the manifold.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Bad choice to have him hold the phone out the window. But the second video was taken from inside the engine bay.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    No boost, whining noise (I'm guessing only when you are accelerating?), someone just tried fix the fuel lines under the manifold... I would suspect a boost leak, probably a big one. Check the couplers on your intercooler and compressor outlet.

Sounds mechanical...alternator whining?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Thanks mainframe I'll check it out. Can alternators make that kind of noise?? Wouldn't it make noise all the time then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.