New 14 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 14 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up guys and gals. Im the proud owner of a 14 WRX purchased last month. I just went TP ...

New 14 WRX

Whats up guys and gals.

Im the proud owner of a 14 WRX purchased last month. I just went TP stage 1 and will soon be adding an intake and exhaust. I plan to stay stage 1 but may move into stage 2. I am coming from a stage 2 GTI and loved every bit of it but i wanted AWD and moarpowar.

I hope to share my knowledge and learn from you guys.

Brandon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome homie... Good luck with the new whip

Welcome. I did the same, but then I felt the TP stage1 power and went stage 2 soon after, feels just as amazing. Welcome!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

386 are you from FL?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes, port orange/daytona.

Oh Nice I recognized the area code . I just moved from Palm coast to St Augustine. Did you go to s shop to get the To tune or do you have a cable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Oh lol I am moving to Palm coast in July actually! There's no other wide body WRXs here.

I have an AP and I use the etune that he has for my tune. No need to go to a shop yet.
    He makes maps for the AP so it's really easy, for those like me who can't use a tactrix cable and romraider

Yea i am trying to justify spending that much on a Ap

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Going S2 is worth it. Get a WBO2 to be able to log AFRs, if you do.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Wait, how did you go stage 1 without an AP?
    Did u use a tactrix cable?

I Support ClubWRX
    pulled from :What is a Stage 2 or Stage whatever package? - NASIOC

Staged performance packages are SALES packages for specific companies. Company A's Stage 2 is Company B's Stage 3, so there is no such thing as a universal truth when it comes to Stages. Stages were designed as a sales package so someone does one stop shopping and they get a discount. Kind of like a #4 at McDonalds...everything for lunch + you save 30 cents.

GENERALLY SPEAKING, here is what the various stages are:

Stage 0 = engine management alone
    Stage 1 = engine management alone
    Stage 2 = turboback exhaust + engine management
    Stage 2+ = stage 2 + a few other bolt ons
    Stage 4 = small bolt on turbo + fueling + turboback exhaust + engine management
    Stage 5 = anything above stage 4

While these are generalizations, DO NOT fall into the trap of labeling your car as a "Stage X" and expect people to magically know what you are talking about. Post specifics such as "I have a Cobb Stage 2" or "I have a TurboXS Stage 4", or better yet...forget stages and post 100% of your mods.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

welcome to the forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    pulled from :What is a Stage 2 or Stage whatever package? - NASIOC

Staged performance packages are SALES packages for specific companies. Company A's Stage 2 is Company B's Stage 3, so there is no such thing as a universal truth when it comes to Stages. Stages were designed as a sales package so someone does one stop shopping and they get a discount. Kind of like a #4 at McDonalds...everything for lunch + you save 30 cents.

GENERALLY SPEAKING, here is what the various stages are:

Stage 0 = engine management alone
    Stage 1 = engine management alone
    Stage 2 = turboback exhaust + engine management
    Stage 2+ = stage 2 + a few other bolt ons
    Stage 4 = small bolt on turbo + fueling + turboback exhaust + engine management
    Stage 5 = anything above stage 4

While these are generalizations, DO NOT fall into the trap of labeling your car as a "Stage X" and expect people to magically know what you are talking about. Post specifics such as "I have a Cobb Stage 2" or "I have a TurboXS Stage 4", or better yet...forget stages and post 100% of your mods.
    I agree with the last statement. Plus I should preface this with I'm doing most all the handling mods first before any engine mods.

Things really have drifted the last little while at least in my mind:

Stage 0 = Original engine management alone
    Stage 1 = Intake + turboback exhaust + Aftermarket engine management
    Stage 2+ = stage 1 + fuel management + intercooler + more oil capacity and cooling + other mods

I would never ever do just the aftermarket engine management (unless extremely mild) change unless I did the intake and exhaust. Plus I don't really consider a cat back a true performance enhancement on a turbo engine. I'm perhaps nuts, but this is my way of thinking. IMHO. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilypablo View Post
    I agree with the last statement. Plus I should preface this with I'm doing most all the handling mods first before any engine mods.

Things really have drifted the last little while at least in my mind:

Stage 0 = Original engine management alone
    Stage 1 = Intake + turboback exhaust + Aftermarket engine management
    Stage 2+ = stage 1 + fuel management + intercooler + more oil capacity and cooling + other mods

I would never ever do just the aftermarket engine management (unless extremely mild) change unless I did the intake and exhaust. Plus I don't really consider a cat back a true performance enhancement on a turbo engine. I'm perhaps nuts, but this is my way of thinking. IMHO. YMMV.
    I think when he means turbo back...he means down pipe. The down pipe upgrade does make a huge upgrade in performance in terms of spool time and whp. I agree cat back exhaust does nothing for our cars except sound.

I started a YouTube Channel captain_boost (I'm a pilot) subscribe!!! Thanks for the warm welcome!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.