New subie guy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New subie guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm a new and very proud owner of an amazing 2014 wrx I have done some mods and looking to ...

New subie guy

I'm a new and very proud owner of an amazing 2014 wrx I have done some mods and looking to do Moore but I need some advice as to what company to go with. Looking to do a motor build on a stock block wanting to do cams lifter rods and fuel upgrades as we'll as turbo and a fmic any advice would be greatly appreciated .....
    Looking to break into the 400 club and that's whp not crank power lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    Advice: Slow down and enjoy your car a little before you start tearing it apart. get to know the vehicle so you can figure out what you want to change first. Also, don't worry about the numbers game, aka "400 club."

I know that wasn't the mechanical advice you were looking for, but that's just my .02

I admire your determination, and welcome!
    That being said, what is your background with high-powered cars? Rwd, fwd, or awd?
    Also, plan to beef up the tranny with your build, as well as braking components. Launching 400awhp will do a number on a wrx tranny, or even driving it spiritedly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    I admire your determination, and welcome!
    That being said, what is your background with high-powered cars? Rwd, fwd, or awd?
    Also, plan to beef up the tranny with your build, as well as braking components. Launching 400awhp will do a number on a wrx tranny, or even driving it spiritedly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
    My back ground is red street cars I have always been a cobra guy but every since seeing what an awd car can do both on the drag and the street I fell in love! And after seeing my buddy's wrx bug eye I knew I had to have one. So my car was carefully thought out and I had to go with the wrx!!! And as far as slowing Down to in joy and get to know my car I am learning Moore and Moore each day talking. With my tuner at Cobb and other good people on here as we'll as locals. However the 400 club I mentioned is a goal not a standard of mine I have no entrant ions of tearing into this car in the near future I will be a motor build and I am about to do an sti tranny swap and full break setup since this is my dd I want and need it to last .... But mechanical or other advice is GREATLY appreciated so please don't hold back you .02 guys and galls

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome. You could buy a brand new car by the time you make 400whp on one of these little WRX's. And then buy one again every time it breaks, which it will break often with that power. The WRX is just not a high horsepower car. Although, people do it. So, good luck with it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.