2015 WRX: Ice Silver or Dark Grey Metallic?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX: Ice Silver or Dark Grey Metallic? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am seriously torn over these two colors. Looking for some feedback from people that have had either color. Specifically, ...

2015 WRX: Ice Silver or Dark Grey Metallic?

I am seriously torn over these two colors. Looking for some feedback from people that have had either color. Specifically, interested in DGM owners would buy the color again? Is it difficult to maintain like a black car? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was the same way, ended up with Ice Silver and Im very glad I did. Easy to clean and looks very nice.

DGM

/thread
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Yes I would buy dgm again - silver is the new white (and white the new black) IMO

If that makes any sense ???

I was torn between white and dgm for my 2015 but once I seen the dgm in person I wasn't leaving the dealership without it, I does show dust quickly but I wash my cars a couple times a week regardless
    A wise man once said
    "Having a BOV doesn't automatically make you a ricer, it's not as cut and dry as owning a SRT-4 making you a retard"

~2015 Subaru WRX DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    DGM

/thread
    THIS +1
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Thats one of my fears. I will admit that I will not have time to wash my car a few times a week to keep it clean.

Dude, last time I really washed my car was probably like a year ago. When it rains, it still looks really clean.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    DGM (also easier to trunk swap since subaru's silvers tend to change over the years)
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    DGM. It has much more depth and is very impressive in person. You don't have to wash your car multiple times per week to keep it clean... put a good coat of wax on it every few months.

When my DGM is dirty it's so ugly and i ask myself why did i get this color. But once it's freshy washed and waxed, it is amazing especially under the sun.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I was initially looking for a Black hatch. After seeing the DGM in person several times it grew on me. I have absolutely NO regrets about pulling the trigger on a DGM, the metallic is beautiful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2828.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	143857

Go with the metallic . Gives the car that little added shine . Just cleaned her today

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    THIS +1
    one more time
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    When my DGM is dirty it's so ugly and i ask myself why did i get this color. But once it's freshy washed and waxed, it is amazing especially under the sun.
    This right here. Whoever is saying the DGM lets you get away with fewer washings, I'd like to see their cars after a rainstorm. Case in point; today. I washed my '14 DGM last night and it rained while I was at parked at work today. Rain stopped. Dust settled in the water droplets. Droplets dried. Car looks like crap.

Shined up, it's a killer. Anything else is blech.

I own a silver Forester and just sold a silver '99 Maxima. The Maxima looked showroom new, with 45K miles. I kept that thing incredibly clean. Never saw snow. Garaged every night since I bought it brand-new. But even at its shiny best, I don't think it held a candle to a clean, darker-colored car.

That said, I still love silver. DGM was my first choice, with ISM being a close second. I think the ISM looks better on the '15 than it did on the '14 hatch. Now don't everyone kill me. I said "better". The '14 ISM hatch is still mighty fine. But, damn, that DGM. That's worth a few extra dozen washings a year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.