New member and new to Subaru but have always loved them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member and new to Subaru but have always loved them. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm Jason , I'm from Michigan, I'm 26 (Someone name Sarah called me a baby in chat earlier...lol) and working ...

Cool New member and new to Subaru but have always loved them.

I'm Jason , I'm from Michigan, I'm 26 (Someone name Sarah called me a baby in chat earlier...lol) and working on my second degree for a career change. Working at a hospital isn't as fun as it sounded way back my first time in college! I'm new to Subaru but have always been a fan. I remember when the WRX came to the U.S and the first time I saw a bug eye in person, it was love! Haha but in all seriousness, I am all about the tech side of things. Aesthetics are great and all, but function over form. My love for the WRC is probably where my appreciation for Subaru really grew. It takes a lot of talent and massive balls to do that **** haha.

I come from the Honda community. I have owned three Hondas and right now I own a 2000 Civic Si. Under the hood I have an AEM short ram intake, Integra Type R throttle body, second gen JDM B16a swapped in. For the drive it has a limited slip diff, stage 2 Exedy clutch. Exhaust, 3 inch high flow cat and resonator delete with a Mugen twin loop muffler. It sits on BBS 17x7.5 wheels and Toyo Proxes in the summer and Enkei 15x5.5 in the winter. I also own a Saab 9-2x 2.5i all stock that sit on stock wheels and Pirelli all seasons.

Someone on open chat asked me why I want to get rid of my Honda and get a WRX. I've owned Hondas all my adult life and am burnt out on them. This past winter really made me hate the Honda, it got beat up lol. It was either neutral or wheel spin... haha. So I bought the Saab and it dominated the snow! Living in Michigan, it's nice to have a year round fast car. So I'm looking to buy that bug eye as a project now and sell my Si to fund that haha.

Ask me anything else, loving this forum so far. Lots of info and great people.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and enjoy!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Welcome and enjoy!
    Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

All of your adult life... so like... 8 years?

Welcome!

PS - Sarah sucks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by livid_wrx View Post
    Someone name Sarah called me a baby in chat earlier...lol
    bahahahahahaha

Welcome dude!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Thanks Zach. You're just jealous you dont have a 200 to daily

Welcome don't mind me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    All of your adult life... so like... 8 years?

Welcome!

PS - Sarah sucks.

Thanks.
    Haha, yeah I guess 8 years. But my first car was a 91 Accord when I was 16. So I've been doing the honda thing for ten.

Ps. I wouldn't know. Haha

I went and take a look at 2015 sti today. It was price to sell for $39.742 with leather, sunroof, and HK audio. It was a nice car but I don't know if it's worth 40k but I do like the hood scoop ( it is definetly wider ).
    2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Desert Khaki
    2011 Subaru WRX SWP
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1907

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Hey there. Welcome. I liked Acura back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Hey there. Welcome. I liked Acura back in the day.
    Yeah, I love(d) Acura too. But I'm done with front wheel drive. If they were AWD of RWD then I'd be into them all day. I always wanted a Subaru and now I have one, now I just need a WRX haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula156 View Post
    I went and take a look at 2015 sti today. It was price to sell for $39.742 with leather, sunroof, and HK audio. It was a nice car but I don't know if it's worth 40k but I do like the hood scoop ( it is definetly wider ).
    Idk, I'd say it was if you're looking for a stock daily with warranty. If not there's a really dope STI just posted in the for sale section with some really tasteful mods on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahkay View Post
    Thanks Zach. You're just jealous you dont have a 200 to daily

Welcome don't mind me.
    Haha it's all good!

Heard the new 200 is going to have 300 hp and AWD

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    bahahahahahaha

Welcome dude!
    Thanks! Been enjoying the sight!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397085987223.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	143473

The rides!

Welcome. I was dead set on an 05-06 Acura Rsx type s for the last 6 months. It's hard to find one in good shape. Lots of them are salvage title and in poor condition with high miles. That K20 motor is impressive for a N/a car.

I decided to get a 14 wrx limited sedan 2 weeks ago and never looked back.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Quote Originally Posted by 100plus2Vegas View Post
    Welcome. I was dead set on an 05-06 Acura Rsx type s for the last 6 months. It's hard to find one in good shape. Lots of them are salvage title and in poor condition with high miles. That K20 motor is impressive for a N/a car.

I decided to get a 14 wrx limited sedan 2 weeks ago and never looked back.
    Thanks, good choice haha. Problem with Honda engines is the high compression. Hard to turbo without snapping rods. Plus FWD... HAHA LAME!

Last edited by livid_wrx; 04-10-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Hi my name is Zach and I am also new to this forum and to Subaru. I recently made the change from an 05 Srt-4 to an 05 Sti and wow what a difference! I absolutely love my Sti, it is currently bone stock with 75k. Is there anything as far as general maintenance stuff I should check out and also any recommendations on my first couple of mods. This car is my dd so I want to keep it fairly easy to drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast