New member and new to Subaru but have always loved them. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New member and new to Subaru but have always loved them. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by boostfool27 Hi my name is Zach and I am also new to this forum and to Subaru. ...

Quote Originally Posted by boostfool27 View Post
    Hi my name is Zach and I am also new to this forum and to Subaru. I recently made the change from an 05 Srt-4 to an 05 Sti and wow what a difference! I absolutely love my Sti, it is currently bone stock with 75k. Is there anything as far as general maintenance stuff I should check out and also any recommendations on my first couple of mods. This car is my dd so I want to keep it fairly easy to drive.
    As far as mods I'm not sure about the STI. But with any new car I'd suggest getting all the fluids checked and then replaced. From what I've gathered Subarus can be finicky with what oil they'll take. Saw a thread where a guy put Mobil 1 in his wrx and everyone told him to take it out. Like a month later his engine seized. Something about the consistency changing.

My buddy has an 05 srt too. I love driving it and it's mean as hell. But in my opinion it had way too much torque steer and a terrible weight distribution. Great upgrade! Haha. Also stay away from putting on a non oem blow off valve, wrx's and sti's don't like it. ****s everything up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by livid_wrx; 04-11-2014 at 07:19 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hi my name is Zach and I am also new to this forum and to Subaru. I recently made the change from an 05 Srt-4 to an 05 Sti and wow what a difference! I absolutely love my Sti, it is currently bone stock with 75k. Is there anything as far as general maintenance stuff I should check out and also any recommendations on my first couple of mods. This car is my dd so I want to keep it fairly easy to drive.
    Found this, read through and see what's applicable for the STI.

First Modifications - what to do and not to do

Yah my SRT runs like a scalded dog but its no where near as smooth as my Sti. Thanks for the info.

Yah my SRT runs like a scalded dog but its no where near as smooth as my Sti. Thanks for the info.
    No problem, enjoy the STI! I'm very envious haha.

Just got into a rev war with a SRT-4 at a stop light. My Si won with 9,000 rpm redline until his BOV started chirping... lol

Bad news, my 2000 Civic Si was stolen :'(

probably not doing work, via mobile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.