Need opinions! on buying this 05 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need opinions! on buying this 05 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; it has 57k mileage on it and clean car fax. only had 1 owner. The car is stock and no ...

Need opinions! on buying this 05 wrx

it has 57k mileage on it and clean car fax. only had 1 owner. The car is stock and no accidents. is there any mechanical problems that i should know about the 05 wrx ? please help me .
    What do you guys think of the engine?
    http://www.glanzmann.com/used/Subaru...efafbc15cf.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37093550583.367655130.IM1.21.565x421_A.562x421.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	142921
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 37093550561.367655130.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg  
    Last edited by flipsidex92; 04-05-2014 at 11:27 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It doesn't appear to be modded and sounds like a good deal. But if its possible and the seller allows, (which he should), try to take it to a shop that has experience with subarus and see if they can do a quick look over. If he or she disagrees, I'd probably walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye26 View Post
    It doesn't appear to be modded and sounds like a good deal. But if its possible and the seller allows, (which he should), try to take it to a shop that has experience with subarus and see if they can do a quick look over. If he or she disagrees, I'd probably walk away.
    its from a subaru dealership i dont think theyll let me do that lol

Looks clean, but take it to a shop you trust and do a compression test and leakdown. That'll tell you for sure.
    However, knowing me, I would just jump on that as soon as possible, hoping that the motor is healthy inside. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Dealerships should allow you to take hold of the vehicle for a certain amount of time to get it checked out by a different mechanic. I've done it a few times with different dealerships and it can really save you or help you bargain down.

also, fill out your information in your bio so we know where you live. Others might chime in with info and other options if they know the area you live in.

I Support ClubWRX
    It doesn't look to have been modded before. I will agree with the other posts about compression/leak down tests. It really is the best way to judge the health of a used turbo motor.

If the dealer refuses to allow this to happen you should walk. There is no reason for them to say no. If they agree to it I would recommend having the mechanic throw in new spark plugs as well. It's worth the extra couple dollars since they will have the plugs out anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

That is a really nice looking car. I will say, however, that the price seems to be quite high. Also, in the engine picture I see the coolant tank over the turbo is a black plastic tank and is different from others that I have seen. Is this an OEM replacement? Do these commonly need changed out (I have seen lots of corrosion on some)?
    David - '05 WRX

I Didnt even see the price, that's high...I paid 18800 for my certified 2011 in January..but it looks fine

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    That is a really nice looking car. I will say, however, that the price seems to be quite high. Also, in the engine picture I see the coolant tank over the turbo is a black plastic tank and is different from others that I have seen. Is this an OEM replacement? Do these commonly need changed out (I have seen lots of corrosion on some)?
    My coolant tank looks exactly like that. It appears to be stock.

Also just saw the price! $15.3k is way too high. I got my 06 in 2012 for $12.7k. Personally I would price it at $11k max.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
    Subaru used a metal overflow tank on the 2002-2004 and a plastic overflow tank on the 2005 IIRC
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

alright thanks! im gonna till a better deal comes up!

but i do live in new jersey where AWD is usually wanted

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.