Working on my 2015 WRX order
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Working on my 2015 WRX order within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I'm in the process of making my 2015 wrx order with my local dealership. Thought I'd put all ...

I Support ClubWRX

Working on my 2015 WRX order

Hey all, I'm in the process of making my 2015 wrx order with my local dealership. Thought I'd put all of the pictures/videos together to help myself decide on what options to get. If I used your picture and you don't want me to, let me know.

www.youtube.com/embed/j7OSzCjOmws

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is that plasma blue pearl? The dark blue. It's gorgeous, white looks better than I thought, even tho my 2011 is wrb.
    Welcome an congrats!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 386WRX View Post
    Is that plasma blue pearl? The dark blue. It's gorgeous, white looks better than I thought, even tho my 2011 is wrb.
    Welcome an congrats!

Thanks. The dark blue is the Galaxy Blue Pearl, which is replacing the Plasma Blue Pearl. I agree, it looks great, not as purple as the plasma. It's making my color decision very difficult: WRB, GBP or possibly CWP.

I'm coming from a white car and after last winter, I might want to stay clear of it. It's impossible to keep it looking good with rain/snow/salt. Heading to the dealer tonight to place the order. I'm hoping I can make decision on the spot between WRB and GBP. Can't see myself being unhappy with either.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Thanks. The dark blue is the Galaxy Blue Pearl, which is replacing the Plasma Blue Pearl. I agree, it looks great, not as purple as the plasma. It's making my color decision very difficult: WRB, GBP or possibly CWP.

I'm coming from a white car and after last winter, I might want to stay clear of it. It's impossible to keep it looking good with rain/snow/salt. Heading to the dealer tonight to place the order. I'm hoping I can make decision on the spot between WRB and GBP. Can't see myself being unhappy with either.
    Nice! Jump on that GBP, looks so nice and sophisticated next to that wrb. But wrb looks great on 2011s

I love the blue pearl, on a side note what's the thing in the engine with the black cap next to the oil fill cap??

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LogiMech View Post
    I love the blue pearl, on a side note what's the thing in the engine with the black cap next to the oil fill cap??
    You mean the oil filter? yeah its a weird placement but easier to get to.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Holy crap, that was my first guess but then I was like noooo way could it be.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ordered a base GBP wrx at invoice today:
    sti short throw shifter
    spt exhaust (cancelled, possible that it drones on STIs so I want to wait until more WRX people get it and can review)
    kicker sub/amp, tweeter, speakers
    center armrest
    all weather mats
    side molding
    updated security system

I wanted the HK system and those sexy headlights but not the sunroof. So I settled for the kicker system to get me started and fingers crossed on the headlights being plug and play eventually. Another hard decision were the fogs, I opted for no fogs because I think it looks a little too busy with the turn signals right above. But then I saw someone's post with them on and man they look good. In the end function over form prevailed, I have had them on my last two cars and never used them. Anyways, no expected date so far, I'm guessing around 3 months or so.
    Last edited by gizmo0034; 05-07-2014 at 09:17 AM. Reason: order updated.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks, looks like I'll be waiting a little extra for the exhaust. My dealer placed the order with the exhaust pending, they said it should be resolved in two weeks.

zax
    Thanks, looks like I'll be waiting a little extra for the exhaust. My dealer placed the order with the exhaust pending, they said it should be resolved in two weeks.
    Let's hope.

Something about poor factory welds...

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's an update on my order:
    Got my VON last week, no VIN yet but still looking like a June delivery date with upgraded exhaust. I also added side molding to the order. I have mixed feelings about them but they're cheap and removable. Plus my last car got dinged on the door and it always bugged me whenever I walked up to the door or washed it.

I also asked about added the base STI wheels rather than the stock WRX but Subaru shot down that idea. Looks like I'll be in the market for a set of used STI wheels in the future.

Bought a Pioneer SPH-DA110 AppRadio 3 to replace the stock head unit. Should be interesting as it goes through my phone for navigation/pandora/radio. I typically use pandora or bluetooth for my music in the car, but I'll need to look into if this thing can get HD radio. Initial thoughts are no, unless there's a HD tuner app that I can get. I'm not too worried about this.

Pioneer SPH-DA110 AppRadio 3 Smartphone receiver at Crutchfield.com

One issue is still the roof rack. I know the molding does not have holes, but still no word on if there are mounting locations underneath. Waiting for a brave soul to remove theirs since I have a roof rack just sitting around.

Im so in love with your car.

I am new to Subaru and trying to decide what to get as well.

Is the SPT exhaust the same as the STI exhaust option when you build it online?

Also, what did you have to put down? I feel like I should get an order in now as it takes anywhere from 2-4 months.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Bontchimuz View Post
    Is the SPT exhaust the same as the STI exhaust option when you build it online?
    Considering the WRX and STi use very different exhaust routing, it's unlikely

Facebook me here

I also added side molding to the order. I have mixed feelings about them but they're cheap and removable. Plus my last car got dinged on the door and it always bugged me whenever I walked up to the door or washed it.
    What's your opinion on the molding for protecting the paint? I just ordered a Limited in white and really considered the molding but didn't want the extra cost. :/. Can I put them on after the car arrives? I plan to get splash guards once they are available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast