Working on my 2015 WRX order - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Working on my 2015 WRX order within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax How'd you get this already? Also, didn't you order a WRX and not an STi? Maybe ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    How'd you get this already?

Also, didn't you order a WRX and not an STi?
    Maybe he's the one who took it from that auto show...........
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How'd you get this already?

Also, didn't you order a WRX and not an STi?
    Found a cheapish one on ebay. And yes I ordered a WRX. Think of it as a dry run for a future sti when they make the engine switch.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Maybe he's the one who took it from that auto show...........
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Think of it as a dry run for a future sti when they make the engine switch.
    IF they make the engine switch.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I hope they make the engine switch

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

IF they make the engine switch.
    Yeah, big if. I actually hope they dont make one, I dont need the temptation. I plan on keeping the wrx stock for the most part, the only upgrade I'm thinking about is brakes. But thats way down the road unless someone posts a good deal on the sti brembos.

Someone on NASIOC weighed them. IIRC, the wheel weight is still an estimate because the tire weight was removed. I'd say by Fall, we'll start to know a bit more concretely the weight of the BBS wheels.
    I got the sti bbs wheels in the other day. They weigh 48.8lbs mounted with oem dunlops, about 1-2lbs more than the oem WRX wheels. That puts them at approximately 25.8lbs for the wheels/tpms/balancing weights when you subtract the manufacturer's tire weight. Definitely not lightweight by any means. I'm actually a little surprised that they are 5lbs heavier than the last gen bbs wheels.

With all that being said, I am still very happy with them. Excellent quality wheels for a daily driver.

Incoming car in a couple days or so, estimated for Tuesday but then the dealer has to do a mechanical check before it goes to me. The last couple weeks of waiting have been pretty rough. I've spent entirely way too much time browsing through the forums and have come to the following conclusions:

1. I'm loving how the new BBS wheels look on the STIs. Somehow during my wait period I have grown to really dislike the base STI wheels, not sure why.
    2. Subaru owners go crazy with their mods...hella horns, blacked out lights, yellow fogs, led bulbs, emblem vinyls, pin stripped grills, lowered suspension, rainguards/windguards, limo tint and coffee can exhausts will not be going on my car.
    3. Opti-coat pro is happening, still undecided on 50% ceramic tint and gunsmoke tail light overlays. I wish I would have gone with the milder tint from lamin-x but a little late now.
    4. I will be experimenting on covering the carbon fiber trim with 3m vinyl. I don't expect to end up with anything worth keeping but it will give me something to play around with.
    5. Ordered a Nameless axleback system to test out. This is my alternative to the STI exhaust I was going to get.

Expect a new thread with pictures soon.

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    When did you order you car? I ordered my WRX Limites ISM on April 28 and they said the lastest would be a Late June delivery. Friday I was told a July Delivery and they will know 100% if my car is one the boat Mid June. This is absolutely unacceptable but what can i do.

I never really liked the base STI wheels from the start. I am pumped to see how your car is going to turn out.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxthecleaner25 View Post
    When did you order you car? I ordered my WRX Limites ISM on April 28 and they said the lastest would be a Late June delivery. Friday I was told a July Delivery and they will know 100% if my car is one the boat Mid June. This is absolutely unacceptable but what can i do.

I never really liked the base STI wheels from the start. I am pumped to see how your car is going to turn out.
    I ordered on april 4th and my dealer told me to expect 8-10 weeks for delivery. My allocation number is 201406 which is being filled early June, I'm guessing yours is 201407. I dont think a July delivery date is unacceptable, but yeah the waiting sucks. I've been using zipcar for the last two months since I dont drive every day, so jumping into a wrx is going to feel great.

Registered User ajaxthecleaner25's Avatar
    Whats unacceptable is that the dealer promises one thing and I get another answer. I was told 6-8 weeks. Now they don't know for sure if i am getting my car in July. So in three weeks, they could tell me a August delivery. I don't mind waiting, its just be straight up and contact me when you know something about delivery dates and not wait for me to call. Also, keep your word or don't make a promise you cant deliver.
    2015 Limited WRX on order . . . JUST GET HERE ALREADY!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123