New Subie owner

This is a discussion on New Subie owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After 10 years of marriage, followed by a divorce, I finally got the chance to buy my first new vehicle ...

New Subie owner

After 10 years of marriage, followed by a divorce, I finally got the chance to buy my first new vehicle in 16 years. I went with a WRX Premium edition. I got to say I couldn't be happier. I was stuck in a Nissan Pathfinder for all those years. Did my research and pulled the trigger on my buy about a month ago. I am so impressed with what the money gets you in my car. Making mods small to start, but more are ahead though. Already tinted the windows, and getting four powered Rockford Fosgates in the doors, two premium JL Audion subs in the trunk and a Rockford Fosgate amp to push the whole thing installed today. And have a performance air-intake system set for installation later this week. Just starting with changes and mods that wouldn't void the warranty, but looking for advice and tips to make in the future. It's my every day driver, and not looking to race on the streets -- too old for that at 39 -- but I love increasing the performance. I couldn't be happier with my choice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! Sorry to hear of your misfortune

What year did you pick up? Pics?

Get an accessport, its worth every penny.

I got a 2014 Plasma Blue 4-door. Believe it or not I don't have pics, but I'll take some this afternoon and get them posted.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

welcome! congrats on the car!
    Performance air intake system? keep in mind nearly every little engine modification you do to these cars requires a tune, or bad things happen!
    Love that sound system, wish I had that in my 2011, but I gotta go fast first...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

I'm new to WRX's as well, but one of the first things I've read is that the stock air intake is more than sufficient for at least 300 whp. Unless you plan on upgrading the downpipe, exhaust, and performance tune, then don't bother with the intake. That's one of the last things you should do.

Unfortunately, the car is well-built, but lacks a good stock tune. Also, the stock alignment is fairly conservative, if not borderline poor. Also, many people upgrade the sway bars. So, first mods might be sway bar upgrades (front to 24mm and rear to 22mm), performance alignment, and Cobb Accessport with tune.

Again, this is not my EXPERIENCE, but rather what I've read from many, many hours on the forums doing research.