Not my first Scooby, but my first WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Not my first Scooby, but my first WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's been some time since I posted so it's picture time. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk...

It's been some time since I posted so it's picture time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's been a while since I updated this thread so here goes...

I changed the old the other day when I hit 3k. So far so good.

And I got my tail lights wrapped yesterday.

I also installed an OEM radio from a Forester and ordered some carbon fiber bits. I have an OEM Kicker sub to install, but have to buy the wire harness first.

Lookin' good!

Glad to see another New Yorker on the site.

Thanks! I'm loving my car for now. There are a few things I'd like to add, but for now I'm keeping it pretty simple.
    Items that I'll install shortly:
    Whiteline front sway bar- rear is already upgraded, but I was sent the wrong front bar do I've been waiting quite a while now. The replacement was supposed to ship last week.
    Hella supertones. I just need to fab or buy the subimods bracket bc the one I made for my Legacy doesn't allow the hood to latch otherwise they would already be installed.
    Custom Carbon fender badges, plate delete and door sills.
    Kicker sub

I've ordered all these parts over the last few months and am just waiting for items to show up.

Well, my front swaybar finally came but I haven't had the chance to install it yet.
    I did get my Kicker sub and headunit installed.
    I also picked up some Malone Kayak racks and installed them.

No pics yet, but I had a kayak on them last night and they work better than no rack.

Next up will be to get my horns installed, swaybar installed and build a mount for my radar doctor. Which brings me to a question...

Wondering if anyone knows if the 02-07 tow hooks are different than the 08+ ones. I'd like to get a nicer looking rear tow hook to use to tie down the stern of the kayak I just got. I don't really want to spend $100+

I got my front sway bar installed today. I only went around the block, but the car feels more balanced now.

I've been out kayaking a few times with my wife and we have been having a blast!

I also swapped out my front Weathertech window deflectors for a set of OEM window deflectors. When I took the Weathertech deflectors off I was dismayed to see that they had completely torn through the window trim down to metal. I contacted Weathertech and am still waiting to hear back.

Another mod today:
    Painted oem tow hook black and drilled a hole in the cover.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1406498490381.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	158761

Its time for an update!
    I haven't been impressed with the light output from the OEM headlights since purchasing my car. I think my 06 Legacy offered better nighttime viability. That and I've wanted to do a retrofit for some time so when TRS announced their BF sale I jumped on their Retro Quick kit.
    I went with XB35 4300 bulbs and the kit came with the OEM ballasts and Morimoto DS2 mini bi-zenon projectors and mounting brackets to fit our headlights.

A couple notes for anyone who is considering this kit. The holes on the brackets were too small and I had to enlarge the holes to be able to use the provided machine screws. I also had to take my dremel to the projectors themselves to make enough room to fit the nut on the screw.
    Looking back, I would have grabbed my tap & die set and just tapped threads on the brackets. I'm not 100% sure that would work as the brackets are fairly thin and a softer steel, but worth a try IMO.

Once I made the above listed modification the install was very easy and straightforward. I decided not to paint my housings but I did remove the amber side markers giing my lights a more clean look IMHO.

The output is amazing, cutoff better than I've ever had before. The high beams are great now too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.