Hello
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, Im Roy and I am a new subie addict.... oh wait this isint an anonymous class? oops. I ...

Hello

Hey everyone, Im Roy and I am a new subie addict.... oh wait this isint an anonymous class? oops. I have been doing endless research (to the point of loosing sleep, and unable to focus at work -which i think is a tall tell sign of addiction) on the STI, i am in the market to get one hopefully this weekend if the car is sound. -07 limited sedan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome. Be smart with the buy if it has a ton of mods walk away.

I Support ClubWRX
    Post up a link here to the car and we would be happy to help give you some pointers/opinions on it if you would like.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    Welcome. Be smart with the buy if it has a ton of mods walk away.
    This is the best advice you could get when looking for a used WRX/STi. Patience is key, there are a lot of different STi's out there for sale. Stock is best. These cars are so popularly modded its rediculous. And with that comes the ignorance of some people. The problem comes when you really just don't know EXACTLY what has been done to the car and whether it was done correctly or not. Try to find one as close to stock as possible with the least amount of miles on it.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Post up a link here to the car and we would be happy to help give you some pointers/opinions on it if you would like.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I agree, patience. You will find the right one eventually. And the "car buying mania" should wear off and you'll be able to make sane decisions lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Affordable Auto Sales & Service | 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Limited Sedan 4D

I Support ClubWRX
    That car does not appear to have been modified very much, other than the exterior mods (wheels, grill mesh, fog overlays) and some audio upgrades, but the engine appears to be pretty stock...I can't zoom in on the photo's so I couldn't inspect the engine very close (also the exhaust photo is hard to tell but looks stock). That of course doesn't mean it was never modded. Also, the miles are around the time you want to get a major service done (including timing belt and water pump), so if you would purchase this vehicle I would factor that into the purchase price. I would think this would definitely be worth checking out. Looks to be in good condition. I have a soft spot for the hawkeye limited edition STi.

I would still get an independent subaru knowledgeable mechanic to give it a look over, and also get a compression/leak test done. At 101K it still has plenty of life in it. Let us know if you end up going to check it out! Being used, I would think there is some room for negotiation in that price.

Welcome!
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    At 101K it still has plenty of life in it. Let us know if you end up going to check it out! Being used, I would think there is some room for negotiation in that price.
    ^ that, That price seems a tad high to me. I got my 2011 WRX with 38k miles for around that price. Definitely negotiable in my opinion.

Otherwise, that car looks to be in great condition and doesn't seem to show any signs of engine mods from the pictures.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

thanks everyone, im heading out the door now to go look at it.

OK so the car has a aftermarket down pipe, no heat shield, and I see fluid on the bottom of the trans.... Walking away. I'm not about to take on a transmission problem

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by havokk View Post
    OK so the car has a aftermarket down pipe, no heat shield, and I see fluid on the bottom of the trans.... Walking away. I'm not about to take on a transmission problem
    Good decision! True enthusiasts keep hear shields. Lol. But seriously it was probably best since it has a down pipe and who knows what else has been done or if it even has a proper tune.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

the downpipe was catless, heat shield was more of a yellow flag but the downpipe without even a boost guage to monitor creep was the red flag, then i noticed gear oil on the tranny... that was the end all. but the test drive was possibly the greatest i have ever done! made the old sales guy scream like a preteen school girl at a justin beiber concert

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.