New '14 WRX joining the club

This is a discussion on New '14 WRX joining the club within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody, I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I traded in my '12 Impreza ...

New '14 WRX joining the club

Hey everybody, I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I traded in my '12 Impreza Sport premium and i bought a 2014 SWP Base WRX 2 days ago. little back story on how i ended up here

I had a 2006 TR GTI which i loved, stage 2 with all supporting mods.

Really a fantastic and fun car to drive. Well turns out a 2dr GTI isnt baby friendly so with the Wife prego i traded it in I wanted something slow and safe, but at the same time not horrendous looking Which brings us to the 2012 Impreza Sport wgn. I got a good deal on it and i had some positive equity in the GTI (bought it used in 08 with 12k miles) so i did well with the price on what i called the Daddy wagon.

While the '12 Sport wgn will always hold a special place in my heart with me since i brought my son home in it i was ready to move on. I missed being able to merge onto I95 without worry or even passing a car without flooring it, So a week ago i got a Letter in the mail from Subaru. It was Guaranteed trade in program thingy. well i knew was i owed on it so i said hell ill go to the site and see what they want to give me for my car. To my surprise i was positive on this car $1500. So the research began lol. i ended up test driving a WRX and fell in love. I forgot how nice it felt to have a car with some get up and gooooo. Any who i got a great deal on my SWP 14 WRX Base with All weather floor mats, Cargo mat and Homelink/Nav/Auto dimmer for 25,303 out the door

Looking forward to doing some research on so safe mods till i get some miles on her. Maybe start off with a Cat back and a short shift kit from Kartboy Then some Coilovers and finally Rims. and maybe a tune and downpipeNot entirely sure what brands to go with ill do some research, but i am open to any suggestions. Anyway glad to be here and i look forward to not blowing up my motor with you all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

stay stock bro.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Looks good. Hope you enjoy the WRX!

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    stay stock bro.
    Stock is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Looks good. Hope you enjoy the WRX!
    Thanks, loving it so far

Haha. Kartboy ss and bushings are good first mod. Pain in the ass tho
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Man I miss my gti. The thing I loved about my dub was that I would beat on it and it still gave me 27-30 mpg Lol. But I think it's obvious why we all ended up with a wrx
    2014 WRX | 2013 GLK 350

YOUR WOMAN IS THE REFLECTION OF YOUR INCOME

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Nice Sedan! Welcome!

How does it feel to go from 2 hatches to now a Sedan? I looked at the Sedans, but the hatch sold me on both the look and the storage capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Czar13 View Post
    Man I miss my gti. The thing I loved about my dub was that I would beat on it and it still gave me 27-30 mpg Lol. But I think it's obvious why we all ended up with a wrx
    Yea mpg was good and I loved the gti, but I always wanted a wrx

Quote Originally Posted by InFINite989 View Post
    Nice Sedan! Welcome!

How does it feel to go from 2 hatches to now a Sedan? I looked at the Sedans, but the hatch sold me on both the look and the storage capacity.
    It was nice to have the extra room but my wife Audi Q5 will be the hauler now if we need it. I actually preferred the sedan over the hatch looks wise but it is all about personal preference.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah man I always wanted a wrx. Sold the gti to get a benz C300 but the whole sedan feel made me feel old after a while. So now I'm back to driving a hatch again!
    2014 WRX | 2013 GLK 350

YOUR WOMAN IS THE REFLECTION OF YOUR INCOME

Welcome to the club came from a 2009 4dr CW GTi. Haven't looked back love my wrx.
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune