Hey guys New and loving my Subie - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hey guys New and loving my Subie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well good luck keeping it as stock or OEM as possible it might not last that long but then again ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Well good luck keeping it as stock or OEM as possible it might not last that long but then again you have the si. Invidia exhaust will probably be the same as the spt and I think they fill the back out better. No need for a tune if you go cat back

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For overlays you can search online or if you feel comfortable get the vht spray tint

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Welcome and like cflip2x said, good luck keeping it OEM as possible.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I have the spt catback and love the sound of it but wish the tips were bigger like the q300. You can do the catback, sts, boost gauge, I have the spt carbon fiber door pillars and door sills, spt oil cap, battery tie down. I forget what else but my car came with 11 different options on the "sport" package

I Support ClubWRX
    https://www.subarupartsmall.com/2014...cessories.aspx

Heat Shield $60.
    Boost Gauge: $184/$213 (from rally sport direct)
    Shift Knob: $63
    Short throw shifter assembly: $316
    Shifter Bushings: $21
    SPT Exhaust: $915 (ebay)

Cobb Heat Shield: $65 Grimmspeed $80
    Boost Gauge: Defi $214, AEM Digital $166 , Prosport EVO/ White Needle $75, Prosport Halo $85 or get an SMY cluster and SMY Performance SMY / ProSport Boost / ProSport Oil Pressure / Remote Oil Pressure Install Kit - Combo Deals - 2008-2014 STI for $289 (lowest priced combo)
    Kartboy short throw and bushings ($200)
    Perrin Cat Back $898, Invidia q300 $910, w titainium tips $968

the first two pages that came up when I searched for overlays
    http://www.premiumautostyling.com/tail-light-overlays/
    http://www.jdmfanaticvinyls.com/

Just some ideas with pricing. I can understand wanting to keep your car looking as factory as possible but for the price you would spend on SPT items you can get just as good or better items for the the same price if not less. The only options I ordered were the SPT exhaust, arm rest extension and short throw shifter.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    https://www.subarupartsmall.com/2014...cessories.aspx

Heat Shield $60.
    Boost Gauge: $184/$213 (from rally sport direct)
    Shift Knob: $63
    Short throw shifter assembly: $316
    Shifter Bushings: $21
    SPT Exhaust: $915 (ebay)

Cobb Heat Shield: $65 Grimmspeed $80
    Boost Gauge: Defi $214, AEM Digital $166 , Prosport EVO/ White Needle $75, Prosport Halo $85 or get an SMY cluster and SMY Performance SMY / ProSport Boost / ProSport Oil Pressure / Remote Oil Pressure Install Kit - Combo Deals - 2008-2014 STI for $289 (lowest priced combo)
    Kartboy short throw and bushings ($200)
    Perrin Cat Back $898, Invidia q300 $910, w titainium tips $968

the first two pages that came up when I searched for overlays
    SUBARU - 2008 - 2014 IMPREZA WRX / STI HATCHBACK - Tail Light Overlays - Premium Auto Styling
    JDMfanaticVinyls | Vinyl Overlays | Vehicle Wraps | Tail Light Tint | Fog Light Tint| Subaru WRX STi | Honda Civic | Hyundai Genesis | Kia Optima |

Just some ideas with pricing. I can understand wanting to keep your car looking as factory as possible but for the price you would spend on SPT items you can get just as good or better items for the the same price if not less. The only options I ordered were the SPT exhaust, arm rest extension and short throw shifter.
    thank you so much thats more the help i need... i see people like the invidia q300 i might just try that out. and yea i'll try to keep the car as oem as possible lol. the car is fast enough by it self so lets see if i change my mind lol

Quote Originally Posted by mysti2013 View Post
    yea im on 8thcivic.com too. My SN there is Mycivicsi.. love my Si thats why i didnt sell it or trade it. i have skunk2 mega power headers, greedy TiC full cat. fujita sri. NST pullies, flashpro tune. and etc... i was thinking getting another Si, but i been in love with the subie at the begin with its just didnt get that budget that i want. so i been saving some money to buy the subie so i did. and i LOVE IT LOL
    Sounds like you have some really good NA quality parts under your hood. Do you know what kind of power you're making at the wheels? I'd imagine 210ish? That's a lot of pep for the light weight Si. What are your future plans? I've seen some pretty good NA builds in the mid 200's, which is about perfect for the Si. Any suspension mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    On the VW forum there's a guy who works for Honda. Not as in at a dealership and he's all like "well one of the techs said he heard from so-and-so that the '15 wrx will have laser guns," but actually works in Honda in a position where he knows what's coming down the pike.

He can't say any details, but keeps assuring everyone that Honda is finally getting back to making a game-changing car in the performance compact segment, due probably in a couple years. Pretty sure I remember him talking about turbos.
    That's the rumor I've heard, too. It makes sense, since the new type-r is boosted. Although the type-r will never make it to the US, I would hope they would start boosting the Si motors.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    Sounds like you have some really good NA quality parts under your hood. Do you know what kind of power you're making at the wheels? I'd imagine 210ish? That's a lot of pep for the light weight Si. What are your future plans? I've seen some pretty good NA builds in the mid 200's, which is about perfect for the Si. Any suspension mods?
    i have a pro-kit on my Si right now, dont want to get lower than that cuz im tired of curving all the time on bumps or humps lol.. and yea its around 210ish.. i do have a super charger but i sold it to one of my friend and use it as a down payment for the Sti.. for now i really like how the Si sitting for now LOL..

aahhh man what supercharger did you have? ive been throwing the idea around about buying another si and selling the wrx.
    Before i parted out my si i had a IMT aftercooler and 3'' puleyy sitting in my garage that i never installed. That car was a beast, i never installed my bbg either so traction in 1st and 2nd was a joke haha

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    aahhh man what supercharger did you have? ive been throwing the idea around about buying another si and selling the wrx.
    Before i parted out my si i had a IMT aftercooler and 3'' puleyy sitting in my garage that i never installed. That car was a beast, i never installed my bbg either so traction in 1st and 2nd was a joke haha

lol i have CT supercharger.

hey guys any one here know where i can find a shop or person can do a vinyl tail light on a hatchback? i have the vinyl its just i dont want to mess it up..
    FYI Los Angeles area (SFV)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12