I'm a new guy!

This is a discussion on I'm a new guy! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What up everyone! Just picked up my new 2014 WRX Limited sedan and this car is even better than hoped ...

I'm a new guy!

What up everyone! Just picked up my new 2014 WRX Limited sedan and this car is even better than hoped for. Drove around in an 06 for a while n figured I wanted one for my own. I'm not gonna do too much to it for now since its under warranty but once that 3 years/36k miles ends, oh there will be plans. Only thing I'm going to do to it is install Rally Armor mud flaps and change the interior and license plate lights to led's just for a cleaner look. Pics will be available posted tomorrow since its dark right now. Glad there is actually a pretty active community for this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats !! post pics!

Welcome and congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

nice pick up! In my opinion grabbing a 14 while you could is a smart move. A lot of great info on this site.

Welcome! Concur with Rally Armor UR flaps. They really work.

One other item to consider is the application of Clear Bra (Paint Protection Film) on chip prone areas. Subaru has really crappy paint that will easily chip. Subaru already applied Paint Protection Film on the rear fenders. I had my shop apply the film on the hood up to the intercooler scoop, front fenders and side mirrors (side mirrors were free). Didn't do the bumper since it's made of plastic (and it also happens to be the most expensive part to film).

And yeah, post pics!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1107.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	140857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1108.jpg 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	140865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1110.jpg 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	140873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1111.jpg 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	140881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1113.jpg 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	140889

When its dark again ill take pictures of the lights. I think the LED's just make the car look a lot sharper.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    Welcome! Concur with Rally Armor UR flaps. They really work.

One other item to consider is the application of Clear Bra (Paint Protection Film) on chip prone areas. Subaru has really crappy paint that will easily chip. Subaru already applied Paint Protection Film on the rear fenders. I had my shop apply the film on the hood up to the intercooler scoop, front fenders and side mirrors (side mirrors were free). Didn't do the bumper since it's made of plastic (and it also happens to be the most expensive part to film).

And yeah, post pics!
    Definitely something I am interested in getting done. The roads where I live are crap and it snows a bunch so there's always a need for protecting the paint. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by speedtown View Post
    nice pick up! In my opinion grabbing a 14 while you could is a smart move. A lot of great info on this site.
    It took me a few weeks to decide on this one or the 15 but I couldn't get over the look of the front of the car. Just doesn't look beefy enough IMO. That and the fact that it looks like a scrunched up EVO turned me away lol. Also, the ability to start grabbing parts for the car that have been tested n known to be of value to the car was also a big selling point. I didn't want to buy things for the car that no one has tested or wait till they have been to pick them up.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleChaser24 View Post
    What up everyone! Just picked up my new 2014 WRX Limited sedan and this car is even better than hoped for. Drove around in an 06 for a while n figured I wanted one for my own. I'm not gonna do too much to it for now since its under warranty but once that 3 years/36k miles ends, oh there will be plans. Only thing I'm going to do to it is install Rally Armor mud flaps and change the interior and license plate lights to led's just for a cleaner look. Pics will be available posted tomorrow since its dark right now. Glad there is actually a pretty active community for this.
    Wow your mudflaps came quick!

Nice.

I ordered them before I got the car btw lol. Got here pretty quick tho maybe 2-3 days? Excellent packaging and product.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I like the paint color. Congrats

Nice looking machine. Welcome.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the look with the flaps and spoiler.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Looking good, I like it!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do