Still trying... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Still trying... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TemjinX2 try to get a 09+..thats when they started coming with 265hp. The 08 only had i ...

Quote Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
    try to get a 09+..thats when they started coming with 265hp. The 08 only had i think 224hp because of the small turbo. Subbies have really good resale value so the difference between used and new is small unless your looking at cars 5yrs +. But its hard to find ones that have been unmolested in that range.

Might be worth it just to down and get a new one. I got a new 2014 wrx for 72months on 1.9% interest.
    Ha I wish, my price range is no where near that. I still have to pay back college and that's gonna be a small fortune. I was really looking to find a decent one for around 15k

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Def be patient then or your used wrx could end up costing more than a new one with rebuilding the motor/trans.
    Also always do a leakdown/compression test to see how healthy the motor is. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    Def be patient then or your used wrx could end up costing more than a new one with rebuilding the motor/trans.
    Also always do a leakdown/compression test to see how healthy the motor is. Good luck

Thanks will do. I'm trying to be patient, but Im sortof in a hurry to ssell my current car

+1 wise words. Too many kids blow these engines up.

Do you guys think if I can get a 4 year parts /labor warranty it would be worth it? Im still hesitant .

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Add45 View Post
    Do you guys think if I can get a 4 year parts /labor warranty it would be worth it? Im still hesitant .
    If you mean on that 08 you posted, no. I truly think that car isn't healthy. You can tell a lot about a car by how it's mods were done. That car doesn't look very thought out.

To find a good WRX quickly you might want to look into at least a 500 mile radius search. It's also usually best to buy used from a private party. Dealerships tend to get other people's problems.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

No warranty will be covered with a bunch of mods on the car man.

+1 on buying privately. People def tend to just pawn off there problems or soon to be problems off at dealerships on trade ins.

That's what I'm saying... what do these stealerships warranty cover?

Usually not to much if the car is modded. But if the window motor or something stops working that would be covered. But usually any engine mods will have a warranty claim denied.

Usually not to much if the car is modded. But if the window motor or something stops working that would be covered. But usually any engine mods will have a warranty claim denied.
    Alright. I didn't see many engine mods, unless you consider exhaust one. Assuming the engine was not modified, do you think they would cover things like turbo, belts, pumps?

I just don't want to turn down an opportunity like this because they are rare, unless I 100% know that I'd be spending a lot on maintenance. Do you think it is worth a test drive?

Also, it's a good opportunity to get a trade-in offer.

I'm sure they would pull some **** if you ever tried to get warranty work done. And like I said if you are SERIOUSLY interested take it to a shop and get a compression and leakdown test to see how healthy the motor is. It's a 50/50 chance that it could end up bein a HUGEE money pit.

Like I said, if it comes down to me really liking it, I will definitely do that. I just think I should at least give it a chance first. If anything shows up as a red flag, I'm walking

That warranty is a sham, and they'll want a pretty penny for it.
    It also says high flow exhaust with a high flow cat, which means it's an aftermarket downpipe,and probably not tuned for it for who knows how long. Good luck tho, and keep trying!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I really hope the perfect car shows up soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast