Hi everyone

This is a discussion on Hi everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got my first Subaru last week, was originally trying to get a used one but couldn't find too great ...

Hi everyone

Just got my first Subaru last week, was originally trying to get a used one but couldn't find too great of a deal so I threw out the extra cash to get this brand new 2014 Hatch. Now I see what you all see in the Subaru's, this car is amazing, I love it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	140105
    Last edited by Bkag; 03-18-2014 at 11:27 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Congrats. Glad you like it!

SWP! Congrats...enjoy break her in good.

I just got mine as well a couple weeks ago and i wanted that color but sadly there was no place in TX to get it. So i got the Plasma Blue which i have grown to really like. Anyways congrats and welcome!

congratulations on the car, welcome to Clubwrx.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Nice car make sure to break it in welcome to the forums.

Congrats dude ! Make sure you stick to the break in, as tempting as it is too do a nice pull :0

Thanks guys, it's pretty hard to stick to the break in but so far so good (200 miles in).

I do have a question though, the car is getting tinted and clear bra'd on Friday and I have a budget of ~$600. The guy doing it will do the bumper, 18" of the hood, the first half of the front fender flares, the mirrors and the tint for $600 or, if I don't do the bumper, I could get a hell of a lot more metal protected (full hood, hood scoop, pillars, full front fenders etc.). What route would you all recommend? I live in Colorado so during the winter we get a lot of sand and grit on the roads so that is what I am really trying to defend against (along with the regular kicked up rocks and debris). I also have a set of rally armor mud flaps on order which I hear will also help.

So I guess my real question is: what are the most susceptible parts of the WRX to debris being kicked up by yourself, what are the most susceptible parts to debris being kicked up by others and finally; is it worth wrapping the bumper or would that money be better spent covering other parts which are less suceptible to self inflicted damage. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Wrap the front bumper definitely. Mine is a 2011 and when I wax it, it leaves 200+ tiny chips that I have to clean out because it looks worse. Worst paint ever. Good lluck and welcome!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Looks clean man!
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do